Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 LT won't install on Vista

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tharmon57
441 Views, 3 Replies

2011 LT won't install on Vista

Just purchased 2011 LT and it won't install on my computer. I have a 32 bit vista PC. It installes, posts the shortcut on the desktop then the greeen completion check changes to a read arrow and the desktop shorcut disappears. A window then appears stating that the installation is complete but in the window it says, with a bold red x, autocad LT not installed.  I have disabled my anitvirus, tried to install in diagnostic startup, tried downloading the free version with the intent of using my serial number and product key from the one I bought but it said it couldn't download on this computer.  Out of Ideas.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alison.gangler
in reply to: tharmon57

Hi,

Please locate the Install log in the TEMP folder on your system, accessed by typing '%temp%' and if you like, please attach them to this thread, both the main install log as well as the Language Pack install log if it is present. I will be happy to look at the log and see what the problem is. Also, the setup.log in the same location will tell what point the install failed and rolled back so please send that too.

Thanks,

Alison Gangler, Autodesk Product Support

autodesk.PNG

Alison Gangler
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
tharmon57
in reply to: alison.gangler

Thank you for looking at these logsfor me.  Hopefully you can see something I can correct and get the program installed.

I can't post the install log or the language pack log as they are to big.

Message 4 of 4
alison.gangler
in reply to: tharmon57

Hi,

According to the setup.log, the install failed due to something that happened when the Language Pack was installing. Please either zip the language pack log to upload it to this and I'll be happy to analyze it to find out why it is failing. Otherwise, you can download the log utility I'm attaching and open the log in the utility. The errors will be shown and you can click on the 'analyze' button and then on the HTML Log button and from the display, copy the error (as well as about 20 lines preceding the error) into a text file and save it. Then I can at least see what could be causing the error. It's still best if  you can zip the log and upload it entirely. Thanks!

Alison Gangler, Autodesk Product Support

autodesk.PNG
Alison Gangler
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report