Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 slow to load with borrowed license

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shankomatic
549 Views, 2 Replies

2010 slow to load with borrowed license

We have an install base of ACAD 2010 clients that use a served license.  When a client borrows a license from the server, the application takes a very long time to load.  With a served license the startup time is about 1-2 minutes depending on the add-ons.  Once a user borrowed a license it becomes a 5-7 minute load time, go back and return the license and the load time drops back down to 1-2 minutes.  Looking at CPU utilization, is very minimal and it looks like some process is in the back ground waiting for something to happen.  These are happening to a large number our clients, using a clean install this does not happen.  I am trying to narrow down what might be causing this so I can apply a fix to the clients.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: shankomatic

Some thoughts.

Borrowed and working offline from the network would be related to 

network locations set in your support paths, or if you have printers in the Control Panel that are not available offline.

If borrowed and online.

you could try to delete the cascadeinfo.cas file

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13894457

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
shankomatic
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thanks for the info.  The test machines I am having this problem with right now does not have any  network printers connected.  Deleting the CASCADEINFO.CAS file also does not help

Here is a little more information on the problem.

We are using automated scripts that were released by our corporation at a corporate level.  Using these scripts on a base build works fine.  Our currently deployed build works fine with ACAD 2007 there are no issues. 

In troubleshooting I have stripped down our current build and removed anything and everything trying to narrow down the problem.  I have also used various utilities to look what files and processes are opening to see if I could find any clues, nothing was apparent. 

Here is some more info

CPU Utilization is minimal (<5%)

There is very little disk activity during the long load time

The hardware of the two different builds are identical

Using Explorer to open local drive is instant while the software is loading

Using Explorer to open a network drive takes a long time while the software is loading

It makes no difference if the machine is connected to the network or if the machine is disconnected.

It looks like there is some type of call made to a critical Windows process that is hanging or taking forever to respond during the load process. 

Thanks for the info.  The test machines I am having this problem with right now does not have any  network printers connected.  Deleting the CASCADEINFO.CAS file also does not help

Here is a little more information on the problem.

We are using automated scripts that were released by our corporation at a corporate level.  Using these scripts on a base build works fine.  Our currently deployed build works fine with ACAD 2007 there are no issues. 

In troubleshooting I have stripped down our current build and removed anything and everything trying to narrow down the problem.  I have also used various utilities to look what files and processes are opening to see if I could find any clues, nothing was apparent. 

Here is some more info

CPU Utilization is minimal (<5%)

There is very little disk activity during the long load time

The hardware of the two different builds are identical

Using Explorer to open local drive is instant while the software is loading

Using Explorer to open a network drive takes a long time while the software is loading

It makes no difference if the machine is connected to the network or if the machine is disconnected.

It looks like there is some type of call made to a critical Windows process that is hanging or taking forever to respond during the load process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report