Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
lascolab
287 Views, 6 Replies

2009 / 2010 Lic- XP?

I am currently running 2009 with xp operating system.  I have a fully paid version of 2010 however I never updraded.    Microsoft said they will no longer support XP as of April.   If I upgrade OS.  Will I be able to get my 2009 / 2010 paid versions to run or will I need to purchase a whole new seat?

Please know... My desire is not to change...unless it is somewhat "affordible" to do so as I have several other software package that would need to be purchased....all a new.... So migration can get quite costly.....

Woul appreciate any suggestions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
aaronhai
in reply to: lascolab

Hi lascolab,

Welcome to Autodesk Forum.

Based on your query, I'm assuming you are confirming if newer Windows OS (eg. Windows 7) are supported on 2010 products? As there is no indication of product type, I will use AutoCAD 2010 as a reference and would like to share that Windows 7 is a supported OS for AutoCAD 2010. 

You can also refer to a list of System Requirement for AutoCAD here.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 7
lascolab
in reply to: aaronhai

Hi Aaron,   Thank you for the clarification and additional information.  Your reponse however brings up new options / questions.

Sounds like I can easily migrate / install my 2010 version onto a new machine running upto os7.  As I understand.. there would be no cost.   My issue there is microsoft has announced they will expire os7 support in another  year or so....but I do see that as an option.

My question actually goes to what will happen if I migrate to a os 8 machine.   Sounds as if I will need to purchase a whole new seat?  Or is there an upgrade offer / package or "patch" I can add....

The other option I am considering is taking the computer currently running XP off line so I do not have the security risks....and get a newer machine to go online.. But it sounds like Autodesk is no longer going to support older versions as well... Correct me if I am wrong....

Lastly... Would I be able to install Lenix on a machine and run AutoCad?...

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Your 2009/2010 will not be supported by Autodesk (or anyone else) in Windows 8 or higher.

Many users run AutoCAD 2009/2010 just fine in Windows 8, those that find it a problem turn to purchasing a 3rd party tool called Longbow (search for it on the internet) to make it happen.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 7
lascolab

That is my question... Can I install the version  I have now running on xp on to a windows 8 os without buying a new seat?

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Retread the second paragraph in my last reply: no one here is going to tell you much else.
Message 7 of 7
lascolab

got it... thanks...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report