Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 network and stand alone question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
170 Views, 5 Replies

2005 network and stand alone question

Our office currently has 20 network licenses. If we want to allow some of the users to use AutoCAD at home, in line with the EULA, which allows this...can it be done with the networked version or do those particular users have to use a stand alone install.

I have read the EULA and it allows both usage at work and at home, granted, not simultaneously, but I don't know if the networked version allows this.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way I know of is to use the borrow functionality. But then they have to have access to the license server somehow at the time when they borrow. If someone knows another way I would also like to know since some of my users cannot access our license server from home. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "chetz" wrote in message news:20965856.1084559676867.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Our office currently has 20 network licenses. If we want to allow some of the users to use AutoCAD at home, in line with the EULA, which allows this...can it be done with the networked version or do those particular users have to use a stand alone install. > > I have read the EULA and it allows both usage at work and at home, granted, not simultaneously, but I don't know if the networked version allows this.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

3.1.2 Additional Installation. Except with regard to Educational Institutional, Student and Evaluation Versions only, You may Install and Access a second copy of the Software on the hard disk of a second Computer owned by You or under Your control provided that:
(i) the original and second copies are used only by the same person;
(ii) the second copy is Installed and Accessed only on either (a) with respect to Network Versions, a redundant server that makes the Software available for use only when Your primary server on which the active Software copy is Installed becomes inoperable, or (b) a notebook computer or other non-server computer away from Your usual work location for the purpose of enabling You to perform work while away from Your usual work location;
(iii) only one of the Software copies is Accessed at any one time; and
(iv) both copies of the Software are Installed and Accessed exclusively with the copy protection device (if any) supplied with the Software.

under 3.1.2 ii b, it would seem that installing the software at home is ok, but when i called to get it activated, I was told it has to be a network install...not so according to above.
me confused ???
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Why are you calling to authorize it? We have 68 seats after installing with NWI, I as usual install for home users Stand alone Autocad 2005 the auth went smoothly you need to enter the same serial number. Hope that helps, Kal "chetz" wrote in message news:22643809.1084565170068.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > 3.1.2 Additional Installation. Except with regard to Educational Institutional, Student and Evaluation Versions only, You may Install and Access a second copy of the Software on the hard disk of a second Computer owned by You or under Your control provided that: > (i) the original and second copies are used only by the same person; > (ii) the second copy is Installed and Accessed only on either (a) with respect to Network Versions, a redundant server that makes the Software available for use only when Your primary server on which the active Software copy is Installed becomes inoperable, or (b) a notebook computer or other non-server computer away from Your usual work location for the purpose of enabling You to perform work while away from Your usual work location; > (iii) only one of the Software copies is Accessed at any one time; and > (iv) both copies of the Software are Installed and Accessed exclusively with the copy protection device (if any) supplied with the Software. > > under 3.1.2 ii b, it would seem that installing the software at home is ok, but when i called to get it activated, I was told it has to be a network install...not so according to above. > me confused ???
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I wsa calling to activate it.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, If you prefer to keep all of your licenses as network seats, if you work at home using your work laptop, you can use the license borrow feature and borrow a license on your laptop before taking it home. Or if you work from your home machine, you can dial-up or RAS into the license manager server at work and borrow a license for the night that way. If those options do not work for you, you can contact your reseller to convert some of your 20 network licensed seats to standalone licensed seats. Regards, Greg Suppes Autodesk, Inc. "chetz" wrote in message news:20965856.1084559676867.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Our office currently has 20 network licenses. If we want to allow some of the users to use AutoCAD at home, in line with the EULA, which allows this...can it be done with the networked version or do those particular users have to use a stand alone install. > > I have read the EULA and it allows both usage at work and at home, granted, not simultaneously, but I don't know if the networked version allows this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report