Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 License Manager System requirements

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
184 Views, 4 Replies

2005 License Manager System requirements

The 2005 Networking Licensing Guide does not list Windows NT 4 as a supported Operating System for the Network License Manager. Can anyone confirm that the version of FlexLM that ships with 2005 requires Win 2000 or greater. Thanks. Mike Partenheimer
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

FLEXlm is working fine on NT4, but AutoCAD requires 2000 and up. Regards, Efim "Partenheimer" wrote in message news:13301871.1082749638353.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The 2005 Networking Licensing Guide does not list Windows NT 4 as a supported Operating System for the Network License Manager. Can anyone confirm that the version of FlexLM that ships with 2005 requires Win 2000 or greater. Thanks. Mike Partenheimer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks. Our workstations are all Win2000 & WinXP. Our network, however, is Win NT 4. This combination works great with Land Desktop 2004. When comparing the 2004 and 2005 Network Licensing Guides (which list the License Manager requirements) I noticed that the 2004 guide specifically lists WinNT 4 for the License Manager but the 2005 guide does not. I will try to upgrade the License Manager software over the weekend and see what happens. Mike Partenheimer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

NT4 is now 10 years old, and even Microsoft is dropping support for it. It takes time and money to test on each OS; eventually things have to drop off as new OS's are added. --Cy-- "Partenheimer" wrote in message news:7471539.1082757476600.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks. Our workstations are all Win2000 & WinXP. Our network, however, is Win NT 4. This combination works great with Land Desktop 2004. When comparing the 2004 and 2005 Network Licensing Guides (which list the License Manager requirements) I noticed that the 2004 guide specifically lists WinNT 4 for the License Manager but the 2005 guide does not. I will try to upgrade the License Manager software over the weekend and see what happens. Mike Partenheimer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

An update... I uninstalled the old 2004 License manager from my Win NT 4 server and installed the 2005 License Manager. Everything appears to be fine. I can now open both my 2004 and 2005 versions of Land Desktop. Thank you for the feedback on this question. Mike Partenheimer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report