Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004 to 2005 network upgrade

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
145 Views, 2 Replies

2004 to 2005 network upgrade

We currently have 2004 on our Win2000 server with a deployment file and running the network manager. When I go to install 2005 (I want to do the same thing client deployment file and 2005 network manager) I get an error message that a "previous version" is installed, and I must uninstall it. I can't take install 2005 without setting up the server first and doing a couple of work station before I deploy it across the office. What do I need to do to have both of these exist on my server and prepare for client deployment? -- --- Daniel Hargreaves, CSI ASD & SD Graphics www.archsymb.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You have to install the new Network Installation Wizard. It will still allow you to create 2004 deployments if needed. You'll also have to install the newest version of Flex (9.X) in order to serve up the 2005 licenses. You can do both of these things without shutting down your server. There are some instructions up above for how to swap out Flex on the fly, and you can uninstall NIW/reinstall it with no noticeable problems. HTH -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2004&5+C3D
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That worked like a charm. Thanks. -- --- Daniel Hargreaves, CSI ASD & SD Graphics www.archsymb.com "James Wedding" wrote in message news:409a6119_2@newsprd01... > You have to install the new Network Installation Wizard. It will still allow > you to create 2004 deployments if needed. > > You'll also have to install the newest version of Flex (9.X) in order to > serve up the 2005 licenses. You can do both of these things without shutting > down your server. There are some instructions up above for how to swap out > Flex on the fly, and you can uninstall NIW/reinstall it with no noticeable > problems. > > HTH > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2004&5+C3D > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report