Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
166 Views, 3 Replies

2002 to 2004

I've just got the new install for 2004. Currently we are running on license in a network through flexlm with autocad 2002, Now with 2004, can i install the network license on the existing license server and be fine, or do i need to update the license server and possibly have 2002 unavailable.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Andrew, You will need the new license manager which will not coexist with the old one. The new one can service 2002 and 2004 licenses. Keep in mind that if you upgraded your 2002 licenses to 2004 you can only run 2002 for migration period as specified in your license agreement. See http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=TS66079 for information on setting up the license manager. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "Andrew Mallette" wrote in message news:40644f11_3@newsprd01... > I've just got the new install for 2004. Currently we are running on > license in a network through flexlm with autocad 2002, Now with 2004, > can i install the network license on the existing license server and be > fine, or do i need to update the license server and possibly have 2002 > unavailable. >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you, that is what i needed to know, now to temp disable the 2002 while i update the license server software. I definetly will be migrating up to 2004 and the sooner the better. jerry milana wrote: >Andrew, > >You will need the new license manager which will not coexist with the old >one. The new one can service 2002 and 2004 licenses. Keep in mind that if >you upgraded your 2002 licenses to 2004 you can only run 2002 for migration >period as specified in your license agreement. See >http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=TS66079 for information on setting >up the license manager. > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

If you are on Autodesk Subscription check out the new license agreement that can let you have older versions as well as the latest version. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Andrew Mallette" wrote in message news:40647a4f$1_2@newsprd01... > Thank you, that is what i needed to know, now to temp disable the 2002 > while i update the license server software. I definetly will be > migrating up to 2004 and the sooner the better. > > jerry milana wrote: > > >Andrew, > > > >You will need the new license manager which will not coexist with the old > >one. The new one can service 2002 and 2004 licenses. Keep in mind that if > >you upgraded your 2002 licenses to 2004 you can only run 2002 for migration > >period as specified in your license agreement. See > >http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=TS66079 for information on setting > >up the license manager. > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report