Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Solution Found! Autodesk IDS 2014 Premium 64-bit Install Failures

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dstein
400 Views, 1 Reply

1 Solution Found! Autodesk IDS 2014 Premium 64-bit Install Failures

I figured this might help some folks anyway:

Our computer are HP Z220 workstations with 32 GB of RAM, a 128 GB SSD system drive (C:) and a 1 TB SATA drive (D:).  The problem we had was that IDS 2014 would run and die after a while and then roll everything back, or it would just launch and die and do nothing at all. We tried everything from turning off anti-virus, cleaning out TEMP folders, cleaning up registry keys and running every known 3rd party unininstall utility.  Nothing worked.

The machines had Hibernation turned on, but even after it was turned off, the hibernation sys file remained and was eating up just enough room to cause the installs to fail. We opened a CMD prompt using "Run as Administrator" and ran "POWERCFG /HIBERNATE OFF", rebooted and now the installs are working fine. 

Some machines also required throttling the Page file size down as well.  We could technically kill swapping on the C: drive but some apps seem to have issues with that, so we knock it down to the minimum based on the overall size.

I hope this helps?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: dstein

Thanks for adding to the community.

Though I do recommend turning off Hibernation, as I recommend in my space saving KB link, I do not recommend turning down the VM setting.  Generally this should be set to 1.5x-3x the physical RAM.  You'd likely get better results moving it to another drive than your system drive.  So if you have two hard drives, put it on the 2nd one. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report