Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1:52:adlmPIT SetProductInformation failed 3:25 error message

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
14464 Views, 14 Replies

Someone please help me with this error!!! because my computers going out the window otherwises.

I have never had an issue with installing autodesk products until now. the only thing I have changed is the graphics card, from a 8800gt to a 460 gtx. CAN SOMEONE please help me with this??

Regards

David 

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

This is an unfortunate corruption of your license.  Deleting the PIT file and reinstalling should fix it.

The message "adlmPITRemoveProductInformation failed" indicates a possible corruption in the "ProductInformation.pit" file.  The solution to this problem is to manually remove the file and to repeat the installation process.

You can find the "ProductInformation.pit" in the following location:

Microsoft Windows XP
C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ADLM\ProductInformation.pit

Microsoft Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADLM\ProductInformation.pit

And if this folder exists, you might remove it too. 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\adlm\R1

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Spoiler
Thanks for the reply mate, but this happens half way through installing the program. Comes up with a different error when installing 2011 version. So I can't remove any files as it roles back the installation and removes everything. It even does this when I install for the 30 day trail period.
Message 4 of 15
TravisNave

Do you have any other Autodesk products installed or perhaps Beta versions of the product installed?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

No I don't have any other autodesk software installed including beta software. I tried to install it to my HP laptop and it installed straight away without a hitch. I'm sure its due to the graphics card I have installed fairly recently.

I have found a copy of autodesk 2009 and that installed no worries. It must be something on the later versions that isn't on 2009 thats causing the problem.

Message 6 of 15
TravisNave

Well, the 2009 version doesn't use the ProductInformation.pit file.  So I would expect that would go without a hitch too. 

You're sure you have admin rights and UAC is off?  Antivirus is off? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

It's my home computer so admins issues are not an issue. I don't have any any virus software installed so it isn't that. I haven't had any issues with user account control but I'll disable and see what happens.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

got the same issue..:(

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

The problem is not resolved in any way, I deleted the file "ProductInformation.pit" in the folder "C: \ ProgramData \ Autodesk \ AdLM" Folder "C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Autodesk Shared \ AdLM \ R1" not created yet, at the time the error occurred. Additionally I used 3 different registry cleaners. "Your Unistaler 2012" in "SUPER", "Reg Cleaning" and "Tune Up Cleaning Reg 2013", "Tune Up Disk Doctor 2013", I deleted all the keys and entries in "Regedit" in "Windows"
And after all that still receive this error in the installation of 3 dmax 2013 x64.
My hardware is: Intel Core i7 2600K, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GFORCE 550 Ti 1 GB, and I working with Autodesk products for many years from the time of 3D Studio 4 (was loaded from MS-DOS) to the present ever, but never seen this problem, so critical. And never before seen so many users on the network, with the same problem without the manufacturer can provide a rapid and concrete. Thanks, I hope you resolved soon.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Hi Travis

2 thumbs up. I was having the same problem and wasted 3 days trying to uninstall, reinstall, restore my computer to various dates, nothing worked until a good friend of mine Andreas pointed me in the right direction and I ended up here.

My issue that started all this trouble was simply installing a service pack from autodesk for autocad.

Anyway your advice worked and I now have everything back and running.

Thanks.

Enzo

Message 11 of 15
TravisNave

Awesome.  Thanks for the shout out.  Glad you are up and running.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 15
marcio_sa1

boa tarde

possuo a versao estudantil do autocad 2013 e está acontecendo a mesma coisa.

quando vou instalar o programa aparece esse erro.

o que eu faço?

como faço para apagar esse arquivo manualmente se o meu instalador executa direto do Winrar?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Hello,

I am currently trying to reinstal 3Ds max 2014 (student version) on my pc and every time I try this error appears when it is almost finishing installing "autodesk 3ds max 2014" ( 8 of 12 during the installation process).

I have a Vaio Fit 15 and windows 8.1. I had the program before and it was working perfectly fine.

Also, I tried following the advice that was given here and still got the same error. 

Can you please give me any possible solutions or tell me what may be causing the problem?

I really need this working fully well for school.

Thank you so much

Sara G.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Hi Sara

I didn't experience the problems you are having, but maybe trying to restore your computer to an earlier restore point using Windows backup and restore feature, then follow the advice in this forum and then try and reinstall the software.

Hope this points you in the right direction to fixing your problem.

Regards

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

Apparently this also is the solution for the same problem with the Revit 2015 installation.
Thanks very much Travis.
Keld.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report