Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1: 5: 2 adlmPitSetProductInformation failed (ProgramData...\ADLM Folder Missing)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gorlg
1862 Views, 4 Replies

1: 5: 2 adlmPitSetProductInformation failed (ProgramData...\ADLM Folder Missing)

Having multiple installs of Autodesk Products and no option to reinstall Windows and remove all Autodesk products (an Autodesk suggestion), I searched and searched for a solution to this error.....1: 5: 2 adlmPitSetProductInformation failed. 3: 2). I tried adjusting Registry Editor, Uninstall Autodesk products, remove .pit file......20 other possibilities.

How can you remove the ProductInformation.pit file when the ADLM folder is missing????

Uhhhhhh, the thought may not be obvious, it never occurred to me... the folder is hidden.

A) Go to Control Panel

B)  Click Folder Options

C) Be sure General tab is selected

D) Under Navigation Pane, Select Show All Folders

E) Delete ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\ProductInformation.pit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: gorlg

Yes and if you copy the file from a working computer with *identical* software installed, then you can copy it to the offending computer.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
gorlg

Oops....I'm not sure if  I understand your posting, I did not mean to offend a licensing system. Some how,  a needle in the haystack solution to my problem in forums or reading material was not found. If the solution forwarded to me works, I would have done it and prefer not to suggest how to circumvent licensing procedures. Facts are, at one point, I did indeed have a 32 bit computer and transferred to a 64 if that was a cause. It was a single seat transfer and was unintentional if license infringement occurred.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

No your post was accurate and helpful to those who may not know better.
Thanks for participating!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
gorlg
in reply to: TravisNave

Ok, I was trying to help and now understand your post. I get sensitive about those things. Thanks....rlg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report