Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3: 26

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thjts
1706 Views, 2 Replies

1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3: 26

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install Inventor Professional 2011 and get this message near the end of the installation. It was working when I was using XP, but I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I have followed all the other ideas on other threads and other web sites, to no avail. Interestingly, one of the suggestions is to delete the .pit file in the adlm folder in the autodesk folder of program data. There is no such folder. I manually created the folder in the hope that I might be able to prompt the program, but there is nothing in there.

Yes, the UAC is off, all the security programs that I can find or know of are turned off, I have done all the updates and restarted the computer, and deleted all the files in the temp folder that the computer will allow me to delete.

I find it interesting that other poeple have had similar problems, but the difference is the number on the very end. Any clues as to what it signifies?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered,

Paul.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: thjts

You cannot manually create the folder.  The folder exists as a hidden folder.  You need to turn on hidden folders and files within the Explorer options. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
thjts
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis, yes, it is a hidden folder.

I changed the settings to show hidden folders so that I could see it, in order to delete the .pit file. That's how I discovered the folder and file aren't there.

Please, any other suggestions to try?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report