Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
dendens2
3205 Views, 1 Reply

0xc000007b 3DS Max

So I finally got 3ds max to install and now this happens. I tried updating it, which then led to a missing dll, which I then downloaded, which then gave me this error again. I also tried downloading the microsoft 2010 redistributable thing. It did not help. I had the same problem with my Adobe Master Collection and I fixed it by copying all the dlls from After Effects (which was working) into Premiere (which was not). I then updated it and it worked. Is there anyway I can get the dlls for this from any other application? Please help!

3ds Max Student Edition 64-bit

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Asus ROG Maximus V Formula

GTX 670 FTW

8GB RAM

SSD Boot Drive

1TB WD HDD

Old Win 7 boot drive (still plugged in)

i7 3.4GHz

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: dendens2

This is probably a combination error.  Does it work without the old drive plugged in?  Could be a SSD issue as well, especially given you're on Win8 which is going to have a lot of unforseen issues that we haven't had a chance to tackle yet.  I am assuming your 3DS Max is 2013, because it is the only release compatible with Win8.  You will also need to absolutely disable UAC in Win8. 

My recommendation would be to run a CMD as administrator.  Then run CHKDSK /F.  After that, reinstall your Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x64) version. 

If all else fails, redownload and reinstall.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report