Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“fatal error. attempting to save in c:/docume~1/username/locals~1/temp/”

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
726 Views, 3 Replies

“fatal error. attempting to save in c:/docume~1/username/locals~1/temp/”

Whenever I re open a file that has textures from multiple files I keep getting. “fatal error. attempting to save in c:/docume~1/username/locals~1/temp/”. Although, its fine while I’m working on it.

I read some other forum topics that suggest re-installing, deleting my preferences, or turning off triple buffering on my graphics card. So far nothing works.

I’m running an Intel core 2 2.4 with 2g ram, and a Nvidia 7500 geforce le. Is it possible this card just wont work properly with maya? If so any recommendations on a card would be appreciated. I’ve only got about a 200 dollar budget.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
okan777_1
in reply to: Anonymous

is that file saved on same version of maya? if you have oher ver of maya use it to open your file.. try to import your scene when wireframe mode or bounding box mode active. Maya sometimes crashes when oppening scenes from another maya with fur hair or paint fx if ..
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

thanks for the reply.

i'm new to maya so i'm running 2008, no other versions. to give you a better idea what happens:

i am working on a texture set and am applying it to a plane to test it tilled in perspective. i have several different files (around 10) mapped to individual faces on the plane.

everything is fine while i'm working on it. until, i save my scene and then close maya.

upon reopening the file i get the error.

i wont get the error if i open in wire frame. or if i open the file by drag and drop (which opens in wire frame). i also wont get the error if i open without any of the main views open. the problem is that as soon as i change to the texture view it crashes.

it says its trying to save to my temp folder. and crashes. i've been struggling with this problem for months. any help is appreciated.

p.s. since my first post i've upgraded to a nvidia quadro 3450 (on the qualified list) and formatted my c: drive. still the same problem. i think its something with maya.
Message 4 of 4
okan777_1

do you set your project folder before you open your scene.. so did you assign a shader per fece? you can use uv texture editor to edit which part of a face using which part of the texture.. and combine your texture in another software how big are your textures?..try to lower max texture res. it is under preferences>diplay.. set it to somethinlike 256 .. and reopen maya. there is something you miss probably. with an intel integrated gfx card i created a plane and i mapped lots of textures to 10 faces saved scene. opened it again it worked fine.. Is it valid for a specific scne or for an scene with lots of textures?. I dont know 3450 but i have 8600gt in myhome works great. i am saying an old integrated intel gfx card can handle with that problem.. I had same troublr i remember..just dont remember if i found a solution.. probbaly didnt.. i dont thik my suggestionns will wrk for you.. sometimes for some scenes it jut doesnt work the way italway does

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report