Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk Through / Perspective / Camera mode view problem

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
2516 Views, 14 Replies

Walk Through / Perspective / Camera mode view problem

So i can view only in left-right directions (X Y) but no up-down (Z)
I have G15 keyboard and i always get problems with the macros keys , i must be pressed 1 of them and its done some changes in the program with the view directions.
I cant find any settings that would change it to normal.

- So how make the Perspective / Walk Through / Camera modes to view in X Y Z as it originaly was ???
pleace help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0mhcimbvdo
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

this problem needed to be posted in max fourm.
to use the walkthrough- i usally save my active perspective view so i don't have to reopen the save file i found this annoying. go to view save active perspective view to restore the view do the samething but it restore active perspective view. this only works in the perspective view so you don't have to reopen the save file. (tip)

On your G15 keyboard don't have have the arrow keys? to do a walkthrough use up allow to move foward, down arrow to go backwards right arrow to go right and left arrow to go left you need to have the move button held down..... As i saw in your youtube link there is a glitch in max when you hit the spacebar the walkthrough locks up. i don'rt know why this is (well i think it's a glitch)when you move foward hit the spacebar and see if that helps. also when you were moving your rotate the view of swing wildly on the bottom left there is a tool bar hold down the rotate button there is two more button it use the one with the yellow circle through the around it

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

tried to put this in my first post the site would not let me. Customize menu Customize User Interface Keyboard panel reset
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Thx but non of this helped
the problem is --- I can view only in left-right (in any mode Perspective/Walk/Camera)
On the youtube video i was trying to view up/down(Z) but its not working

G15 mocros keys (each key remebers the combinations of symbols you tybe in) so i must acidantly pressed 1 of them and that done changes wich is dics. on the top

so how this problem might be solved???
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

from the youtube view you posted: click on the left or right click on the viewport label where its says "perspective smooth and hightlights)" change that from perspective smooth and hightlights click on the views perspective.

If that does not work then what version of max are you usings?

the instruction i gave you go to Customize menu Customize User Interface Keyboard panel and hit the reset button should of change the keyboard buttons back to the way they were.

also If that does not work then what version of max are you usings? what is your os (operating system? windows xp, mac etc. If you download winzip zip the file up and add an attachment to this site maybe we can help you more.

or tell us what you usings to do all you have done is created a box and your roating the view back and forth. If your trying to use the walkthrough tool then you need to in the footstep mode click and hold the pan (hand icon)there is another button under the pan tool this will gave you the footstep mode then you should able to do the walkthrough.......

does not your keyboard have the arrow keys on it?
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

3ds max 2010
Windows 7

I done all those things but it still dont work

It was working later , i might pressed something on my keyboard ( mb some combination of keys that turned Z view not avalible ) the restoration of keyboard interface - pointless

YES - i have arrow keys on my keyboard and when arrow cursor (on youtube video) goes to the circle i pressd arrows to activate walk throgh mode

again - i can view only in right-left in ANY mode - camera / perspective (orbit and other tools are working) but i realy need to use eye-track view as it was
Message 7 of 15
Steve_Curley

Firstly - please do not create duplicate threads on the same topic - it fragments any replies and also breaks the forum rules. Your duplicate post has been removed.

Secondly, have you read the Help on WalkThrough Mode?
"E" (or Shift+UpArrow) is Up, "C" (or Shift+DnArrow) is down.
You can look anywhere using Ctrl+LMB, or lock the vertical motion by pressing the Spacebar (to maintain "eye level"). These all work perfectly here, so Max is not the problem.

Note that you must have the Keyboard Shortcut Override Toggle turned on or many of those keys will not work as expected.

Finally, if nothing above helps, you might consider unloading any drivers for the G15. Logitech drivers have been known to cause problems in the past, though I've seen very few such instances with recent versions. Worth a try as a last resort.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

restoring the keyboard is not pointless if it was then it would not be there.... I would also look up your keys in the keyboard panel and see what buttons are what and which buttons are which

if that does not work download the latest drivers as steve said. Or another suggestion is buy another standard keyboard. I say i have to give up on this one.

Good luck
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Sorry for duble theme
Thx for reply ... but it seems that no one understands me =)
mb its becouse Iam Russian =)

So - the problem is not in my keyboard (drivers or macros or what ever...)

From 1 moment 3ds max 2010 stoped use Z axis at all
I cant rotatate (in 3D) and move any objects in up/down position (In Z axis)
I cant view UP and DOWN Z (not move - VIEW) in Perspective / Camera / Walk Through modes

I tryed to show it on youtube video

...any clue why does it happening?
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Finaly
I get pissed off and started to press everey F macros key on keyboard ...
and its worked =) - Z axis and views are work now

But how does it happens in first place ? where are those settings of blocking Z axis and views? in 3ds
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

we did understand you that is why we answered and tried to help it has nothing to do with you being Russian. it was the way you explaned the problem. we also gave you all the advice we could and you sorted it out yourself good for you....

the problem was your own making by touching a button so you messed up the walkthrough buttons. so you can only blame yourself in that situation. No one knows what the problem was we can only offer advice here we cannot see your keyboard max or computer. You now know what the problem is/was you know how to fix it
Message 12 of 15
jonahhawk

I know this is ancient history but, I don't think anyone understood him. The simple answer is that he pressed spacebar while in Walkthrough mode which locks Vertical Rotation.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

you just need to press "space"
like locking selections, it also locks walkthrough axis
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Well in my case, pressing spacebar didn't help.. And I'm still stuck.

EDIT: I searched everywhere and tried everything but nothing helped.. After that I was messing with Shift + W still no change.. All of the sudden 3ds stopped responding and crashed.. After starting it again everything was back to normal
Message 15 of 15
kolat136

Thank you. I solve the problem .. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report