Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wacom tablet stuck on two finger mode?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wallywest
894 Views, 4 Replies

Wacom tablet stuck on two finger mode?

I can't see anything about this so I apologize if this is common knowledge. 

My Intuos 5 tablet under Maya 2015 seems stuck on thinking its in two finger mode. Every touch with my finger tumbles the viewer. Holding shift or alt does nothing to modify this. Also, using the pen does not disable the touch like it does in other apps like Photoshop or Safari. My pen works as the cursor and my palm tumbles the viewer around so I can't use it. Disabling mulit-touch in settings disables single finger touch as well so I can only use pen input. 

Idealy I'd like it to act like my Mac's trackpad does where one finger is pointer, two fingers uses multi touch gestures. Can anyone help me?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wreliford
in reply to: wallywest

I have the same set-up but I haven't had this problem. Of course you are running the latest drivers and config the tablet and pen to Maya, right?
Message 3 of 5
wallywest
in reply to: wreliford

Hey wreliford,

Thanks for answering. I am running the latest drivers though I haven't
configured the tablet for Maya. How do you do that? The documentation makes
it sound like its plug and play with a Intuos 5.

I also haven't installed either of the two service packs for Maya 2015,
though nothing in the readme files says it address's this issue.
Message 4 of 5
wreliford

I'd suggest you install the service packs because they fixed a several issues of Maya. As for wacom, go to wacom tablet properties and it should be self evident. You click the "+" on the left side to add specific programs. Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
mec_os

same issue here on 2016. didn't have this issue in 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report