Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Maya 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
asteuartw
474 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to install Maya 2015

I am unable to install Maya 2015. When I attempt to run the installation file I get the error message "not a valid Win32 application". I am running Windows 7 on a HP bought in 2012 - so shd still be able to tackle the latest version of Maya. Have tried rebooting many times. Any solutions out there?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Steve_Curley
in reply to: asteuartw

Is that a 32 or 64 bit OS? Maya 2015 is 64bit only.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Operating-...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 8
asteuartw

64 bit

Message 4 of 8
winterfm

Is your computer have the requirements to satisfy the game card and processor?

Do you need Maya 2015?

My college currently has 2014 installed.

Maybe try installing Maya 2014 and see if it will allow you to?

Maybe it is just your computer... I don't know. I loaded up just fine... took forever but it loaded up... now i have issues with my tools disappearing... trying to figure that problem out right now...

Message 5 of 8
Steve_Curley

@asteuartw wrote:

64 bit

I suggest you google "not a valid Win32 application" (including the quotes). There are many possible reasons for that error (one of which is trying to run a 64bit program on a 32bit system, which is why I asked). Pretty much impossible to diagnose in a forum thread - you'll have look at each possible cause and determine which one is the culprit.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 6 of 8
asteuartw
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Hmm...if I Google "not a valid Win32 application" the top hit is this thread. The reason I posted here was because I have not had any luck finding a solution through Google, which is generally my first port of call. Of course I can always solve the problem by buying a new PC, but that is an expensive solutionfor what should be a straightforward software upgrade. Just to be clear, my HP is running 64 bit Windows 7

Message 7 of 8
Steve_Curley

http://www.ehow.com/info_7754181_not-valid-win32-application-mean.html
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_programs/not-a-valid-win32-appl...

They may not give a definite solution but should give you some pointers.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 8 of 8
asteuartw
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks to everyone who posted. I still have not solved the problem but at least I have some suggestions on how to fix it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report