Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download Maya 2015 Student version, trial installer corrupted.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AnthonyA
1634 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to download Maya 2015 Student version, trial installer corrupted.

I've tried several times now to download and install Maya 2015 from the student website.

Selecting the different download methods doesn't work, in fact, selecting "Browser Download", which i'm assuming is supposed to be a direct link to the installer, leads instead to a "File not found" page.

Downloading the install manager also doesn't seem to work, it installed the download manager ok, but nothing was cued for download, and nothing was installed after that.

"install now" also was a dud, i got a 10MB file that was the same name as the stand-alone installer, and when i tried to launch it, I got a "Communication Failiure." window pup up saying the installer had lost connection to the Autodesk site, even though I made sure I kept the browser open to the right page.

And on top of all this, even the free trial downloaded through the Maya product page is defective. Every time i've tried to run it, i get a popup saying "this installation is a multi-file download. At least one file appears to be missing or has not downloaded yet."

But I only had to download one file.

Zbrush 4R5, Max 2012 (might switch to Maya soon)
----
Win 7 Pro X64, Q6600 Intel 2.4GHz Quad Core CPU, 6 GB DDR2 RAM
Samsung 400GB SATA int Hard Drive, TOURO 4TB ext Hard Drive
Asus Std Motherboard, Radeon XFX 7950
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: AnthonyA

Hi @AnthonyA,

Apologies for all of the download issues! Hopefully taking the following precautionary download steps will do the trick:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If problems persist please be sure to let me know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
AnthonyA
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

I managed to download the installer (it WAS in two parts...odd) through the virtual manager, just installing it now (just getting the service packs ready seperately)

Thanks for the link.

Zbrush 4R5, Max 2012 (might switch to Maya soon)
----
Win 7 Pro X64, Q6600 Intel 2.4GHz Quad Core CPU, 6 GB DDR2 RAM
Samsung 400GB SATA int Hard Drive, TOURO 4TB ext Hard Drive
Asus Std Motherboard, Radeon XFX 7950
Message 4 of 5
mukesh2470
in reply to: AnthonyA

dear mam i am trying to download maya2015 student licensed...but when i tries to download it get stuck at 131 mb out of 349mb...i tried it several times and same ..and now it not getting start ....i am getting tired of this error..again n again download from start...please if u have any solution help me.

Message 5 of 5
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: mukesh2470

Hi @mukesh2470,

Welcome to the Community.

Have you tried downloading from the Virtual Agent instead? Kindly refer to the information and instructions here on Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent and let us know if downloading from the Virtual Agent will allow you to successfully download and install the software.

Thank you,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report