Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
133 Views, 2 Replies

Too much lag

Hey, i was hoping someone who shed some light to my issue ive been experiencing lately. I'm currently working on modelling a cg fly through of a clients studio office. The office building isn't really complex in structure just two 2 story building with a couple of rooms. I changed the working units under the preference window from the default millimeters to foot just to see if working with that might be easier for scale/ dimension appearances when it comes time to setup a camera for a virtual tour of the spaces. I've been experiencing some heavy lag when doping some simple operations like switching view modes like from displaying vertices to faces and so on. Or when switching from one tool to another. It like takes way too long before i can begin editing something like modeling wise. Anyone have any possible suggestions as to why i am experiencing this ?

My specs are :
cpu Q6700-quad 2.66ghz
4 gigs of ram
video card - ati HD 4870 - 1ghz of memory
windows vista 32 bit
maya 2011
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
n8skow
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you able to post a test scene so we can try and determine if it's a scene issue or machine issue?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: n8skow

Yes but i did manage to resolve the problem. It turns out it twas the history that build up too much on me. lol
After i had deleted the history everything was running fine afterwards. Thanks though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report