Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To upgrade or not to upgrade. Oh… I can't, Maya is too far behind

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mocr
278 Views, 1 Reply

To upgrade or not to upgrade. Oh… I can't, Maya is too far behind

Okay so as a long term advocate of Maya since back in the Wavefront days and working primarily on a Mac. I'm getting a little fed up with lack of commitment from Autodesk. 

Every year I pay the subs, £550 as a one man band is a lot, however I'm a grate believer in paying for software and not ripping it off.

Whenever Apple or anyone else in the land of OS development bring out a new release (very normal and we love it when they do)I have to wait to upgrade my Autodesk software for the best part of a year for a stable platform of Maya.

This year times are hard, I can't pay subs, so I can't upgrade Maya(first time in YEARS). This means because Maya 14 can't run on Mavericks I can't have it on my system at all.

Seriously Autodesk? Less than a year old is 2014 for some of us and you still won't support last years software on a new OS??? Where the heck do we get our money's worth from anymore. I just want to upgrade my Mac and you are holding me back on my entire studio!!!!! 

Don't you guys get the Apple SDK with evryone else? It's less than a Maya subs you know! 

One very seriously p155ed off, fed up user.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mocr
in reply to: mocr

I am actually looking for a response please Autodesk as to why you are not supporting a version of your software that was released in the same period of the operating software?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report