Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Software License Checkout Failed. Error 20

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
Anonymous
105010 Views, 68 Replies

The Software License Checkout Failed. Error 20

Hey I'm new to the software and to the forum. At first everything was working smoothly and I was going through the tutorials like crazy. The next thing I know I try to re open 3ds max 2010 and I receive this message. As of the moment I'm using the trial and I want to upgrade but I need to make sure that the software is going to work alright before I spend this amount of money.
I sent a message to Autodesk and they redirected me here. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks and I can't wait until my skills are good enough to match some of the stuff I'm already seeing.

- Andrew
68 REPLIES 68
Message 61 of 69
ericbrolin_
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Our IT guys figured it out... My problem was "Software license check out failed, Error 2"

Here is what they did to resolve it:

There is a file in the ADLM directory under ALL USERS\application data\Autodesk\ADLM called Cascadeinfo.CAS that can get corrupted. Renaming this file caused a new one to get created and Max fired right up. You can look it up on the autodesk site about cascadeinfo errors. There was a .CPP file that could not be read in the adlm log under my profile and when I typed that into Google it lead me to an article on the cascade errors.

Hope this helps you guys!

in my computer, there is no application file in users folder, do you have any idea?

Message 62 of 69

@ericbrolin_

Welcome to the community..

You will not have a folder structure like that because that folder structure only exist in WIndows XP and you are reviewing a posting that is old...  The file is actually located here C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm.  Programdata is a hidden folder so you made need to adjust your viewing settings.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 63 of 69
barkikhan49

I am install 3d max design 2013 And it not open give an error the software liciense failed error 20 

Message 64 of 69
idealet

Hello   Everyone

I have lived the  same  error  " The Software License Checkout Failed. Error 20 "  with my  3ds max 2010  64 bit

This  happened  right  after my windows 10  64 bit has  updated  automaticly.  Before  this  windos update  3ds max were working fine... 
Of course  I have uninstalled  the max and reinstall  but never helped.  Same error  showed  again..  Several days  I was crazzy  about  this.. 
I havent  realised  3Ds max  were  doesnt  replace  flex  files  with reinstall..  Therefore  error  was  continuing. 

Solution  is  this

Uninstall all  the  max with components and backburner. 
Search  "autodesk"  word at  C:\   drive and  delete all  the files  what ever found.  

Search  " Flex"  word  at  C:\  drive  and  delete all the  files  what ever found. 

Reinstall  the  max  and  activate.. 3ds Max 2010  64 bit  will fireup.. 

Enjoy

Message 65 of 69
idealet

Hello   Everyone

I have lived the  same  error  " The Software License Checkout Failed. Error 20 "  with my  3ds max 2010  64 bit

This  happened  right  after my windows 10  64 bit has  updated  automaticly.  Before  this  windos update  3ds max were working fine... 
Of course  I have uninstalled  the max and reinstall  but never helped.  Same error  showed  again..  Several days  I was crazzy  about  this.. 
I havent  realised  3Ds max  were  doesnt  replace  flex  files  with reinstall..  Therefore  error  was  continuing. 

Solution  is  this

Uninstall all  the  max with components and backburner. 
Search  "autodesk"  word at  C:\   drive and  delete all  the files  what ever found.  

Search  " Flex"  word  at  C:\  drive  and  delete all the  files  what ever found. 

Reinstall  the  max  and  activate.. 3ds Max 2010  64 bit  will fireup.. 

Enjoy

Message 66 of 69
jacobsen1450

I followed all of your steps, but under standard tab I couldent find FLEXnet.

Message 67 of 69
dineshchoudhry5
in reply to: bibi23

i have done all this option to fix my error "flexnet licensing service" and "Flexnet licensing service 64".

but its not working again the same error getting to me and i'm not able to use the software 

Message 68 of 69
edmundVWT79

I can confirm this error seems related to Flexnet- at least on our PCs. I went to C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\ and deleted all the files- then restarted max and it worked.

Message 69 of 69
Sa3danym
in reply to: edmundVWT79

OMG YOU SAVED MY LIFE THANK YOU !!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report