Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Stuttering Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
301 Views, 3 Replies

Sound Stuttering Problem

Hi, everyone. I've just begun using 3DS Max and I've noticed a problem which I'm not sure how to fix.

I like to listen to music on my browser while modeling and in 3DS Max I'm noticing that just by rotating the viewport will make the music stutter in the background. I'm wondering if this is simply a problem due to my system (I'm using a laptop with about 3GB RAM, 64 Bit, Windows 7).

Has anyone come across this problem and if so, what was your solution? Thank you!

Note: Is there a way to make 3DS a bit "lighter" so that if in fact it is my system that it can run smoother? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
darawork
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like your system needs more RAM, is there any slots left for more?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: darawork

3GB does not meet the minimum System Requirements for Max. You should probably check that the wole system meets those requirements or you're likely to have other problems as well as this one.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok, that's what I thought, thanks for your help everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report