Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset 3ds Max tabs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
StevenGelo
513 Views, 2 Replies

Reset 3ds Max tabs

Hello! Can someone help me to find a solution of my task?

Here is it: I have been working in 3ds max on two monitors, and I didn't give any attention in which monitor my tabs of 3ds Max are! But I have given my second monitor for the other person to use. And now I have found that my tabs of "Manage Layers" and "Slate Material Editor" are absent! They are on my second monitor area!

1). I cant drag it - windows doesn't allow me to move my cursor to second monitor area. I can't switch my priority of monitors, my system does not allow me to use two monitor options.
2). I have tried to reset my interface - and it's just... just reset 3ds Max.
3). I have tried to load 3ds Max standart UI Scheme, but it just load standart Max IU and leave all 3ds max tab's on its place, even leave it's size!

Would you be so kind to help me with this? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: StevenGelo

Open the dialog, press Alt+Spacebar then "M". Use the cursor keys to bring the dialog back onto the 1st monitor then press Enter.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
StevenGelo
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Oh! Awesome! My cursor jumped to the left edge of the screen. And with the arrows keys, tabs finally showed on! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report