Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove of a version of Maya 2014?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
769 Views, 6 Replies

Remove of a version of Maya 2014?

Hi,

I want to reinstall Maya 2014 by using Service Pack 4, so I know I have to remove the now existing version of Maya. Additionally I want to remove a folder named “mentalreaForMaya2014”.

As you can see on the attached picture, my copy of Maya 2014 is a part of my Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2014.

How I have to remove the above mentioned programs properly, so I can install the Service Pack 4 – Maya 2014?

I didn’t found any concrete topic on the help site regarding that the Service Pack 4.

Many thanks to all answers!!!

Many greetings here from Berlin

André

ECSU2014_18.02.14.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Andre,

To perform a clean uninstall from your Windows machine please see these directions. From your attachment it appears your working from Windows, but if not here are the directions for a Mac. If you have further questions or concerns please respond to this post. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello Jessica,

thanks for your detailed answer!!! You're right - I should have mendioned my OS - it is Windows 7 professional.

I will follow your tip and let you know about the result.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

André

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello Jessica,

again thanks for your reply. I followed the links for information, but there are questions left:

- So far I understood, the help is concerning to a complete removement of all Autodesk-Software from my system. But I only want to remove the following products/folders (as you also can see on the jpg-image, attached to my first message):

Maya2014

mentalrayForMaya2014

- In order to that and as I understood the Help correctly, I have also to remove peripheral products. Pls. tell me, which products I have to remove accordingly to the above mentioned two programs (Maya2014 & mentalrayForMaya2014)?

- Pls. let me know additionally, which entries in the registry I have to correct and which folders I have to delete finally.

Thanks again for your answer - have a nice Thursday.

Best regards,

André

ECSU2014_18.02.14.JPG

Message 5 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I am in the process of installling Maya 2014.  You have a couple of options to uninstall Maya.

1.  Use Control Panel > Programs & Features.

2.  Uninstall Tool (I need to corfirm that it works for Maya.)

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/06/the-legendary-quick-uninstall-utility-for-autodes...

3.  Microsoft Fix it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/02/microsoft-fix-it-for-windows-81.html

When you uninstall Maya, you will uninstall mental ray for Maya which is one of the rendering engines used in Maya.

David Lau
Message 6 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: david.lau

Here is the image using the uninstall tool....

maya-2014-uninstall-tool.png

David Lau
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David,

many thanks for your answer!!!!!!

Well, in the meantime, before I got your answer, the Autodesk Customer Support helped me also. However, we've done the uninstallation the "old" way (that was, before I've got your mail/answer). But before we could do so, we discovered some mistakes in my installation! After we've fixed it, we re-installed the program Maya 2014 according to the Service Pack 4. BUT when starting the Maya 2014 again, we again discovered some system-errors. However - we suggested, that one of the letters of my user-name in Windows 7 could corrupted my Maya 2014 (the first user-name was André, I changed it, however, the problem still remained....).

I created a new user on my PC, named with ASCII-conformed letters, - and now it works!!!

Regarding the folder "mentalrayForMaya2014" I've been told by the customer service, that this folder should stay there, because it was placed IN the Maya2014 earlier, and through the development of the Service Packs, the folder "mentalrayForMaya2014" was placed outside the original Maya2014 folder.

However, should I again crash into trouble with an installation of Maya (or other Autodesk Software), I WILL remember your mail!!! Smiley Happy

Thanks once again, David.

Best regards,

André

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report