Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
JasonWynngard
341 Views, 2 Replies

Reactivating

I have the Creation Entertainment Suite Ultimate 2013 (Standalone). First, let me say the last time I got help from AutoDesk with an instllation issue, you didn't see me again. Because the assistance fixed everything to the point the software never exhibited the slightest hiccup. As a matter of fact, I think the software is sort of innocent this time around. I had no problems until I opted to change my internal 750 GB Seagate hard drive for a 750GB Samsung solid state drive. Then I cloned the drive so as not to have to reinstall all my software and files. Nice idea. Worked perfectly except one thing. my AutoDesk software insists "Software License Doesn't Check Out-Error 20.

And other members of the suite report various errors including a generic error thing. I've attached a file to show the 3DMax error. But fact is the whole suite no longer functions.

Futile efforts to date: Reinstalling. Email to AutoDesk-They promised help but haven't seen it yet. Only thing I haven't done is put the old HDDs back in. because it would defeat the reason I got the SSD in first place.

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
---Albert Einstein
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Firstly, thread moved to Max/Installation. You posted in the Flame forum which has nothing to do with Max or the Creation suite(s). Flame is a turnkey finishing system.

That will never work - the licensing wouldn't be much use if you could just clone the drive and get a workable system, would it? The pirates would have a field day.

Following is what I would do - don't blame me if it all goes belly-up.
Boot the old drive, export the license using the License Transfer Utility (Start > All Programs > Autodesk > (your suite entry))
Boot the new drive. You could try importing the license (via the LTU) but it probably won't work, in which case uninstall, reinstall then try the LTU again.

As an aside - much better to start from scratch with a new drive. Install Windows, install s/ware. Precludes duplicating all the garbage Windows accumulates over time.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3

Steve, thanks for trying to help. Four things happened. My post was moved to a more proper area as it was in the worng one. Which told me AutoDesk folks are diligent.  Man Very Happy

I appreciated your advice but didn't relish the idea of reformatting my SSD just to reactivate my AutoDesk software plus reinstall all my other stuff. So I didn't. The good folks at AutoDesk stepped in shortly after your post and provided help. Before applying it and on a hunch and though my Autodesk package is 64bit, I looked into its folder and it had a 32bit setup option as well. I used the 32bit option and it reinstalled and worked without an issue. I can live with that but don't understand why it no longer accepted the 64bit option. But it works so I certainly won't be complaining.

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
---Albert Einstein

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report