Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase of software abroad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
234 Views, 3 Replies

Purchase of software abroad

I stumbled on this thread:

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/3ds-max-through-2008/working-abroad-+-changing-futur...

It is about buying 3DS max aboard and being able to use it at the home country. This got me thinking, is it possible to buy 3DS in, say, the USA to be used in the UK? It would be cheaper but is it allowed?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

From License.rtf in your installation folder.

2. License Limitations/Prohibitions
2.1 Limitations and Exclusions.
2.1.1 No License Granted/Unauthorized Activities.
2.1.2 Licensed Materials as a Single Product. The Licensed Materials are licensed to Licensee as a single product and the applicable components may not be separated for Installation or Access (and all such components must be Installed and Accessed on the same Computer except as authorized in writing by Autodesk).
2.1.3 Territory. Except as otherwise authorized in writing by Autodesk, the licenses granted in this Agreement are granted only for the Territory. Nothing in this Agreement permits Licensee (including, without limitation, Licensee’s Personnel, if any) to Install or Access the Licensed Materials outside of the Territory.

If you need further clarification you'll have to contact a reseller or Autodesk directly.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Steve, you are usually the bringer of good news and solutions but not this time!!!

So I take it, it's not allowed? There goes my idea then.

...but i bet people still do it....
Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Sorry about that 😞

Problem is there's no-one here who can possibly answer the question. The quote above is from the License.rtf (which everyone has) and is the only information we can go by. Only AD themselves can tell you for certain, but it's my guess that what you're suggesting is not possible (legal).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report