Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental ray render - 'Arch and Design' template dropdown is not visible

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
deannina
1397 Views, 3 Replies

Mental ray render - 'Arch and Design' template dropdown is not visible

Hy,

Recently instal 3dsmax 2014 and i have a problem with the dropdown menu in arch + design material editor. The dropdown menu is empty. Also I reinstal the software but the truble is the same. Also I have on my computer 3dsmax 2010 64bit and dont have any problem with mental ray or arch and design tempate ..

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
darawork
in reply to: deannina

Hi,

Try replacing your mrArchMaterial.ini with the one in the .zip in the sendspace link below.

Yours should be located at: C:\Users\[YourNameHere]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax*\Year - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg

If that doesn't work, try renaming the ENU folder to ENU-temp and then restarting Max. That does a factory reset for your Max profile.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q2ruqe

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 4
deannina
in reply to: darawork

Thanks a lot it works (the second suggestion-that rename the folder ENU)!

Thanks again!

Regards

Dean

Message 4 of 4
utrocks044218
in reply to: darawork

hi im having the same problem of arch and design having no templetes i recently installed my 3ds max 2013 on windows 7 ,  ans also assigned renderer to mental ray please help me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report