Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya trial won't recognize my ID

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kevin
2184 Views, 8 Replies

Maya trial won't recognize my ID

I installed Maya 2014 Trial today and can't get past the Autodesk ID Sign in. Obviously I have one I am typing here. I also own several other Autodesk products and have a current susbscription for them. I can logon to the subscription center. Any suggestions.

Windows 7 64bit on a MacPro with Bootcamp

Kevin

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
n8skow
in reply to: kevin

Screenshot of where the process is stopping?

Message 3 of 9
timsormin
in reply to: kevin

Same problem here. Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Halts on the login screen claiming either Autodesk ID or password are incorrect.

Message 4 of 9
timsormin
in reply to: n8skow

screenshot:

Message 5 of 9
n8skow
in reply to: timsormin

That's the login screen to connect to the Autodesk website - have you created an account?
Message 6 of 9
timsormin
in reply to: n8skow

Yes, I have created an account. It is the same account that I have used to sign into this forum and post here.

SOLVED: (The Short Version)

1. Don't log in. Just click "Exit Trial." I know that makes no sense, but trust me.
  2. Accept the terms of use
  3. Click "Try" (this window actually makes perfect sense and renders that first confusing pop up totally redundant)
  4. Enjoy what's left of your free trial!

The Long Version

I tried using the live chat feature, where the customer support agents are always very friendly and helpful and it's usually the fastest way to get our answers.

While I was chatting with them I was trying to run the trial again and I found the solution on my own. The agent didn't know what was wrong (because it was technically working as designed, it's just poorly designed) but they did explain what that first pop up screen is supposed to be for.

Basically, it's just a problem of bad UI messaging in these popup windows that happen when you try to start Maya on a trial. The first popup says "Please sign in to register your trial," or you can "Exit Trail." This is completely backwards: To exit the trial and convert it to a full license you need to "sign in to register your trial," and to continue with your trial you need to "Exit Trial." Smiley Frustrated

The purpose of this login window, where I was getting stuck, is for people who have purchased a full license to sign in and register, which actually means: convert their trial installation into a full license. It isn't clearly explained, and when your login doesn't work the message that says your ID or password is not recognized is misleading. What it SHOULD say is something like "there is no full license available for this account."

The other confusing thing is that in order to progress and open the trial version of Maya you have to actually click the button that says "Exit Trial" - very confusing - and then accept the user agreement (you only have to do this once) THEN Maya will give you a screen that has buttons for "buy," "activate," and "try" with a counter showing how many days are remaining in your trial period. Unfortuntately, if you were stuck for a while like I was you won't have 30 days left anymore because it starts counting from the day you installed it, even if you've never been able to open and run it.

I think that if you really need more time to evaluate the software, though, that you can call Autodesk and request an extension. I've heard anecdotally that this is pretty common and easy to do.

Message 7 of 9
jennaforseth

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!! Had the same problem and it's fixed.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

You may also try this solution if you're getting the error message box like I was no matter what button you pushed

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-hardware-os/can-t-log-in-to-start-trial-or-activate-trial...

It has to do with some bug in the passwords where you can't use strong passwords with symbols or special characters. Making the password more simple let the ID and password be accepted for the trial.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

You may also try this solution if you're getting the error message box like I was no matter what button you pushed

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-hardware-os/can-t-log-in-to-start-trial-or-activate-trial/td-p/5499770

It has to do with some bug in the passwords where you can't use strong passwords with symbols or special characters. Making the password more simple let the ID and password be accepted for the trial.

This is what happens when a company has a monopoly on certain software boys and girls.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report