Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya extension and Vray plug-ins...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kintaro_takanori
4242 Views, 3 Replies

Maya extension and Vray plug-ins...

Hello world 🙂

I would like to ask if anyone has the same issue. i have installed the extension version of maya 2013. also i have installed vray but they wont load in maya. is maya extension 2013 a fully functional version of maya? or do i have to install maya 2013 and then the extension? vray works in maya 2013 but wont appear in maya extension 2013.

thank you so much for the help! much appreciated

greets timi : D

be the best you can be...
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
santd
in reply to: kintaro_takanori

Hello,

Thank you for posting on The Area forums,

Maya 2013 and Maya 2013 Extension 1 (a.k.a. 2013.5) are two different builds. Plug-ings that worked in Maya 2013 need to be recompiled to work in Maya 2013 Extension. This is most likely why the vray plugin is workin in Maya 2013 but not Maya 2013 Extension. There is information in the Maya 2013 Extension readme stating that it is a new build.

In doing some looking around I was not able to find a new build of vray that would work with Maya 2013 Extension unfortunately.

You can still download the latest fixes for Maya 2013 with the following service pack. However, you will not have the new features that the extension has:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20537489

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 4
kintaro_takanori
in reply to: santd

Hey 🙂

Thank you for the help. Ohh now i see. So it boils down to that maya 2013.5 is a sepetate build. I
Thats ok. It still works with 2013 🙂 i just wanted to have 1 maya, 1 vray and 1 dx11 viewport 😉 hopefully vray 3 will be integrated with 2014?! Now that would be killer 😉

Greets timi

Sent from my iPhone
be the best you can be...
Message 4 of 4
santd
in reply to: kintaro_takanori

Hi,

Glad the information I sent was helpfu. Unfortunately, V-Ray is not intergrated directly into Maya 2014. However, Chaos Group has a release of V-Ray that supports Maya 2014. I found the following information in regards to that:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/news.html?single=553

Cheers,

David Santos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report