Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Render farm: Do batch slaves need to be authorized?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lehm
401 Views, 4 Replies

Maya Render farm: Do batch slaves need to be authorized?

Investigating what it would take to put together a maya rendering farm. From what I've gathered so far you need to go get yourself a render manager...kind of a pain, but okay. Then have it launch maya in batch mode. Now what I haven't been able to figure out is if maya can run in batch mode without being authorized. In other words do you have unlimited render nodes like Max?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
n8skow
in reply to: lehm

The Maya Software renderer will let you use as many render slaves as you want on a single license.
If your referring to MentalRay rendering, however, you get two satellite licenses with Maya Complete, and 8 with Maya Unlimited.
Message 3 of 5
Mmoreira
in reply to: n8skow

If i have 1 network Maya 2010 license plus 3 Maya standalone, how many machines can i have working in render farm?
Message 4 of 5
n8skow
in reply to: lehm

Maya 2010:

Comes with 5 licenses of mental ray for Maya Batch for those with network licenses of Maya
Comes with 8 licenses of mental ray for Maya Satellite for easy distribution of interactive viewport rendering jobs.
Message 5 of 5
Mmoreira
in reply to: n8skow

So... if ´have 2 network licenses ( 5 + 5 batch render nodes) i may put 10 Pc working for same job?
Or i will always have a limit of 5 5 batch render nodes?

Tanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report