Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 stops downloading prior to finishing...

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
hoffmake
2162 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2015 stops downloading prior to finishing...

I've attemped to downlad Maya 2015 using the Academic Resource Center several times on two diffrent networks and 3 browsers.  Downloads stop with message "lost network connection" or "file not found".

Kenneth Hoffman

Seton Hall University

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
halfstone
in reply to: hoffmake

I've had the same problem.  Autodesk prefers the "download and install" option, but that has never worked for me.  There's a "download now", "install now", and "browser download". 

When the "install now" option doesn't work, I've used the "browser download", which downloads the installation package into a folder that you can launch yourself.

Message 3 of 9
tony.su

Methods for downloading software from the Education Community

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Methods-for-downloading-s...

You can try 

BTW,What's your OS?

If your OS is Mac or Linux, you can download Maya 2015 sp2 full installation package.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2015-servi...

If your OS is windows, you should install Maya 2015, and then install Maya 2015 sp2 for window. 

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 4 of 9
hoffmake
in reply to: halfstone

Thank you.  The Autodesk installation help desk told me to use the following link and it works fine:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2015-servi...

Ken

Message 5 of 9
techservices

Also having problems with the Maya 2015 download.  Download Now launches the Autodesk Download Manager, which fails with the error 'Connection has expired. Please reconnect to the site.'  Browser Download downloads a 10MB file named 'Autodesk_Maya_2015_R1_wi_en-US_Setup.exe'.  When I run it, it fails with the error 'Communication Failure'.

We're using the other applications in the Entertainment Creation Suite - 3ds Max, MotionBuilder, and Softimage - no download problems there.  It's just Maya that continually fails, and I've been trying off and on for about a week now.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it!

Message 6 of 9
techservices
in reply to: techservices

Just a quick update:  managed to get connected via the Autodesk Download Manager this morning.  5 hours later, the Maya download completed!

Message 7 of 9
kpassadore
in reply to: techservices

I've been having the same issues today since 8 am and it's now 6 pm. I have downloaded autocad, inventor and all updates without issue but Maya 2015 fails no matter what you try. It downloads 410mb at 33mb/s with ease and then it loses connection to the server and never downloads another byte. It slowly trickles down to 1b/s and then it just gives Network connection established like it's retrying over and over to connect.

Browser download does just like hoffmake says. After downloading the setup file it then gives you the communication failure notice and you can't continue.

This is not a user issue. I am a computer tech with 15 years experience and this is most definitly an issue on the  Autodesk website. Hopefully someone will actually read what people write and look into the issues. Telling people you can download 3 ways is no help at all.. Let alone of them being "Help me decide how to download". Not sure why that's even there.. 

Message 8 of 9
bronco862
in reply to: kpassadore

i'm having the same issue here...i tried it on three computers, and all three stopped at 954mb and then went down to 10-15 b/sec and didnt download another mb. 

i've tried every single thing ive read in various posts. 

i can't install via the install-now on any program,

and it loses connection if i do a browser download...

if i use the virtual agent it tries to give me the MAC version of maya 2015 and says the mac version file wasn't found (figured maybe the windows one was under mac by accident).

i've disabled uac and all the other things the posts asked for. i'm thinking it's akamai. 

Message 9 of 9
esmith
in reply to: bronco862

For Windows 7,

What worked for me finally is to

1.go to Start button, run %TEMP% to open the windows temp folder, delete all temp files *other than those being used*

2.delete the broken install files within the Autodesk/WI folder, then download from your account download page via the “More Options” drop down and use “Download Now” through the download manager (instead of using the link that says install now).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report