Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 - new network license server conflicts with other software

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rimcrazy
2456 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2015 - new network license server conflicts with other software

The new version of the Maya Network License manager, (actually FlexLM) is having issues with my current installation.  I have Nuke, Deadline and Maya, all of which use Flex.  These all co-existed on the same machine with the previous version.  Now with the new version Nuke and Deadline still start correctly but FlexLM for Autodesk will not start.  The error message in the log file indicates that it cannot start as there is currently an instance of Flex currently running.  Not sure why this is failing now as this worked before and there was always multiple instances of Flex running.  (One for Nuke,  one for Mari, one for Deadline and another for Maya). 

Tied up today so I've not had a lot of chance to debug this.  I needed Maya running so I just killed the Nuke instance of Flex and restarted the Autodesk instance and it works.  I'm hoping I don't have to now run this on two different machines.  That would be a major PITA.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rimcrazy
in reply to: rimcrazy

I found the answer so I will post it in case someone else is having the same issue.  I was running the license manager from The Foundry as well as Thinkbox for Deadline and the Autodesk NLM on the same server.  Up until now they all worked together.  With the advent of Maya 2015, Autodesk switched to lmgrd.exe version 11.12.0.0.  Basically in the past I was just lucky that they all worked together on the same machine.  The Foundry does not support their license manager running on a machine with any other license manager.  I was planning on switching over my licenses to a different configuration.  Looks like I will be doing that sooner than later.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I had the same issues but I managed to solve them.
I first installed the 64bit version of the license manager.
However, The Foundry license tools are 32bit. So the 64bit version doesn't detect the 32bit lmgrd.exe.
So I installed the 32bit version and voila, the servers detect eachother.
And everything worked again.

Regards,

David
Message 4 of 6
rimcrazy

Hi David,

Actually I had done the same thing but in my case when I switched back to the 32 bit version of the lmgrd.exe it still did not work.  I'm not sure the reason.  In my case, I'd planned on switching my license server in a month or two anyway so for the moment I keep The Foundry license server switched off until I need it.  When I turn it on through the services tab it breaks Maya but Nuke now runs.  I rarely need both at the same time so for the short term a manual mode works.  When I switch license servers for both Autodesk and The Foundry I will put them on different machines so this issue will go away.  Glad to hear it works for you.  Perhaps it will for others too.

Cheers

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Well, my problems have returned as well.

It worked for a while, and all of a sudden after a restart of our server, the issue's returned.

The Autodesk and The Foundry license servers don't see eachother any more. So it's either running Nuke or Maya.

It never ends...

Message 6 of 6
molog2
in reply to: Anonymous

This may help:

License Manager 11.12 and The Foundry License Tools
http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/05/license-manager-1112-and-the-foundry-license-tool...

Both License Manager seem to be using the same TPC port by default (27000). This is prone to conflict or even shutdown of the services.
Solution is to change the default port of one of the 2 services.

Kind regards,

Giancarlo Molo,

Autodesk Product Support

Giancarlo Molo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report