Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 install fail.

36 REPLIES 36
SOLVED
Message 1 of 37
damaggio
29178 Views, 36 Replies

Maya 2015 install fail.

Both at home and office,Maya try to install but after a while gives me this error.....Source File not found, Maya Entertainment Suite Win 64, precompiled Graphs\93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll. Bifrost.

Verify that the file exists....

Seems like can't install Bifrost and entire installation Fails.

36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37
menconi89
in reply to: damaggio

I experience the same problem here.
Message 3 of 37
Anifex09
in reply to: menconi89

Try right clicking on the exe file and select (Run as administrator)
Message 4 of 37
menconi89
in reply to: Anifex09

no, it doens't work. I have the same problem.
Now knowing about which exe you were talking about, I tried the Autodesk_Maya_2015_dlm.sfx.exe (browser download of 1.5GB), Autodesk_Maya_2015_wi_en-US_setup.exe (the automatic web instal), and Setup.exe (the one in the Autodesk_Maya_2015 folder).

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
Message 5 of 37
peppermint226

Bifrost doesn't play nice with antivirus software apparently.  I disabled it for the download and Maya installed completely.

Message 6 of 37
damaggio
in reply to: peppermint226

Thanks to all, still nothing here, I turned off Firewall and Avast and still fails, I've tried another 5 times since last night.

Maybe there's still a feature in Avast that I haven't blocked...I guess I'll uninstall Avast completely and try again.

Message 7 of 37
menconi89

I strongly recommend you to NOT uninstall Avast completely. Already having turned off the firewall and the other Avast components is a huge risk for your personal security. You should never leave your computer without protection.
There must be another way. It's impossible that programmers at autodesk woke up one day and decided that to instal Bifrost you must be totally unprotected and without antivirus. It just doesn't make sense.
Please note that during the first installation the software asks automatically if you want to create an exception on windows firewall. That's should be already enough.
Message 8 of 37
menconi89

We are still open to suggestions on how to fix this bifrost problem!
Message 9 of 37
damaggio

Thanks Menconi for the warning which makes sense, however I had already removed Avast and try a new Maya install, still failed on bifrost warning.

I'm given up for a few days now cause I got better things to do.

I reinstalled Avast and Firewall is back on.

I'll keep my eyes open on the forum and some news from Autodesk on a work around this download.

As a final note , my install did not ask to create  a firewall excemption and I've tried as Admnistrator, also as Run option and as Save file and then executing it.

Message 10 of 37
menconi89

Ok, Avast is actually the problem.

Suggested solution:
Do NOT uninstall Avast, just disable it (bottom tray, right click on avast icon, --> shield controls --> disable until reboot
Before doing this, people close all the softwares and web pages. You should have on ONLY the web page of the installation (where you can download the software). Refrain from using other softwares and browsing the web until when you will be able to enable again avast!

Then go to your the HD directory, you will find the Autodesk folder with the installation files that have previously downloaded. DELETE ALL. If you don't, the next time that you try to install, it will not download again but just use those files.

Once you have done this, click again on "install" and follow the normal procedure. This time will download the correct bifrost.
Please, enable again avast (rebooting or clicking again with the right mouse button on the icon on the bottom tray) before that you will start again going around the web.

Have fun.

Have to go now, tell me if something it's not clear!
Message 11 of 37
niallh

Followed Above, Still not working, same error and Install Fail. 😞

Message 12 of 37
Martin_76
in reply to: niallh

Same here. I followed these instructions and tried copying to 😧 as well as to C: - doesn't work. Maya doesn't even have this folder it is looking for. At least in 2014 version it doesn't have it. Waiting for a solution to this problem... 

Message 13 of 37
niallh
in reply to: Martin_76

OK got it to work!! Woop. Basiclly you want to do the browser download of Maya 2015 (I was downloading the student version) then turn Avast off, install and turn back on and it finally worked after 4 attempts.

Message 14 of 37
Martin_76

You're da man! I didn't even see this option before you mentioned it. It seem the problem lies with Autodesk's own installer.
Message 15 of 37
niallh

Another Update, Once inside Maya anytime you click on Bifrost Avast will stop it from launching. I cannot run sims nor can I do anything realted to Bifrost. AD please Fix this. 

Message 16 of 37
niallh

Final Update and How 2 Guide.

Fianlly got it fully working, this is how I overcame the werid installation problems with using Avast Anti Virus.

1. Download the Browser Installer version instead of using AD's Download Manager.

2. Disable Avast (Not Uninstall) 

3. Install Maya 2015.

4. Activate and Turn Avast Back on

5. Load Maya 2015 try to use Bifrost you get a Avast and a Maya Error.

6. Make an exclusion for the Bifrost file in Avast, then go to Maya 2015 installer and click repair.

7. Reload Maya 2015 and all should be well.

Thanks & Happy Easter.

NiallHornVFX

Message 17 of 37
damaggio

Thanks all,

I ended up installing the entertainment suite " Trial" with Avast disabled and finally worked for me.

Once the icon shortcuts started to appear in the desktop I knew that the install was going to work.

After Maya trial opened I just entered my license key and got activated, also Mudbox and Motion builder.

Appreciated all the help guys.

Now gotta install it at work.

Message 18 of 37
lua.lopez

Hi everybody... I have the same problem installing Maya 2015 with the bifrost file... if you don't want to download again do this: when the error window appears don't cancel, you have just to go to the folder C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Maya 2015\x64\Maya\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\bifrost\bin\precompiledGraphs... and you will see the file 93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.bin... just rename the extension to 93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll and then click on the Retry buttom in the Error window message... everything will go ok.

Anyway you can also dissable avast antivirus until the installation finish, maybe avast will change the extension again.

I hope you understand my english 🙂

Message 19 of 37
schwindelfrei

I finally got to install Maya 2015.

1. I deleted all the folders and files I had from Maya 2015.

2. I disabled my Antivirus Software (Avast) AND Windows Firewall.

3. I went to the Free Student Versions for Academics to download Maya 2015. Changed from "Install now" to "Download now". (4gb+)

4. Downloaded and extracted to the same drive.

5. Installed to the default location (C:Program Files\Autodesk)

The Firewall and Antivirus must be disabled for this to work the whole process. You can turn it back on when it is installed correctly.

Message 20 of 37

I just hit this problem and didn'n want to spend time downloading again.

And there's no reason to.

Here's a simple answer:-

1. DO NOT CANCEL the installation... this is quicker...
  2. Deactivate all Avast Active Protection, until restart for example.
  3. Reopen the .exe installation package, as Administrator if you want to.
  4. It will repopulate the installation folder C:\Autodesk with the missing file.
  5. Select to "Retry" the installation at the point it halted.

Avast is just preventing the .dll from being unwrapped, so all you do is stop Avast and reopen your existing download.

Total time, once I researched it, about five minutes!

Ta-Daa!

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report