Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 freezes on launch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
819 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2015 freezes on launch

When Maya 2015 is launched, the program freezes my entire computer.  Maya never gets to the point of displaying the UI.  It becomes completely unresponsive (no mouse, CTL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, have to do a hard restart).  Previous versions of Maya run just fine.  Updated to latest drivers graphics drivers, reinstalled Maya 2015 a couple of times.  I'm absolutely scratching my head as to what it could be.

Specs: Windows 7, Quad 3.2GHZ, 8BG RAM, Quadro FX 4800

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Im having the same problem... Have you found a solution yet?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Nope - no solutions yet.  I'm continuing to use 2014 in the meantime...  Let me know if you have any success figuring it out!

Message 4 of 4
oxenburgh2011

Maybe the GPU? I know 2015 is very picky.

Also have you used the magic of disconnecting all USB drives etc? I bet you have but just wondering. 

I prefer 2014 version for it's GUI in Viewport anyway. Maya 2015 is a royal pain for me on my MacBook Pro 2013 and Mac Pro 2013 with certified AMD dual D500 and it crashes doing the most simple work...I am not an expert user but this upgrade seems fussy and poorly coded for new computers too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report