Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 - after installation, long start-up times...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
buster747
1648 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2015 - after installation, long start-up times...

Hi, i couldnt find anything on this but after installing maya 2015 there is a long initial start-up time of 8-10 min! 2014 only took a couple. This isnt a problem but i was looking to see if it was hardware related or not. Also simple things like duplicating simple objects as well as extruding faces has a 5 second delay, again it works fine but can get anoying fast. Other thain this everything esle runs fine after the initail start-up ofcourse. 

I am running a Nvidia Quadro k4000 with a Tesla K20c GPU, Dual Intel Xeon Proc, And 64 GB 1600 ram. My OS is windows 8.1, and my drivers are up to date.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
n8skow
in reply to: buster747

Does your computer have a solid-state drive by chance?

In some cases this is presenting these types of issues...

Message 3 of 6
wreliford
in reply to: n8skow

I have a solid state drive and Maya2015 takes less than two seconds to start. It does however, takes about ten seconds to quit...not a problem though.
Message 4 of 6
aaronguitarguy
in reply to: wreliford

Hi guys, I have the same problem as the OP, except that I don't have a SSD, but a 7200 rpm hard drive. Everytime I start Maya 2015, it takes about 5 min. to start en becomes unresponsive. I already tried a fresh install. Can somebody please help? I use a Windows 8 desktop, i7 with 8 gb RAM and a Nvidia GTX 660. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
buster747
in reply to: aaronguitarguy

I run my os off of a 10,000 rpm hard drive and i have a 64 mb cashe solid state drive but i dont think its functioning as a cashe drive since i updeted windows so everthing should be just running off of the main hard drive. I did end up uninstalling 2015 and then removing all sub folders of the install in an attemt to remove anything the could cause problems. This did fix the problem i was having with lag while using the program but there is still a long start up time. I will just start and then go do something else for 10 to 15 min becasue i know thats how long it takes for it to finnish loading. 

Message 6 of 6
ayman.hadramot
in reply to: buster747

I have the same problem

please Autodesk find a solution for us

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report