Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 custom port in license file not being used right away...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rzm102
952 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2015 custom port in license file not being used right away...

Hi All,

I'm deploying the Autodesk Mac products in our university and I'm experiencing very slow launches. I've done Wireshark captures and watched the network status of the test system. It seems that Maya is looking for the network license server on the default ports of 27000 & 27001, instead of the custom port we've defined at 27002. Eventually (2 minutes to 5 minutes) Maya does find the license manager.

Is Maya not picking up the default port in our /var/flexlm/Maya2015.lic file? Why does it take so long to fail over to the custom port? 

We’ve tried multiple variations of our license file:

Without host ID:

SERVER server.host.com 27002

USE_SERVER

With host ID:

SERVER server.host.com 0f8b7d3d92ee 27002

USE_SERVER

With 0 host id:

SERVER server.host.com 0 27002

USE_SERVER

I’ve also found an “autodesk.lic” file in the /var/flexlm folder and tried to change the port there. No change.

I have not specifically tested, but believe the rest of the Mac products are also experiencing the same issues.

My question: How do I configure Maya (and other Mac apps) to use the custom port of 27002?

Again, the license manager does eventually provide a license, but the client software takes forever to find the port with autodesk-nlm process.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rzm102
in reply to: rzm102

Well, we're having better luck this afternoon.

I started by placing a Maya2015.lic file in "/Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/", one of the multiple locations the software seems to look for a Maya2015.lic file.

Our lic file included:

SERVER server.host.com 0 27002

USE_SERVER

When I started Maya, it was almost immediate. The correct port was used immediately. After deleting the Maya2015.lic it continued to launch quickly. 

I also removed all .lic files except for "/var/flexlm/autodesk.lic".

One interesting test I did was to use the "/usr/local/flexnetserver/lmutil lmstat" command to check our server for available licenses. This is a good way check that your license server is working and available. 

I've tested the following software and it seems to be working with just the autodesk.lic file. Hopefully it’s not a fluke!

Maya 2015, Mudbox 2015, AutoCAD 2014, Sketchbook Pro 2015, Smoke 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report