Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 license activation GUI fails to load

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
heskey30
671 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2014 license activation GUI fails to load

As it says in the title, Maya seems to be having trouble with its GUI on my computer. I could describe everything, but pictures are more clear.

When I open Maya for the first time, (to liscence it) I get this:

First

It will stay like this for at least 10 minutes without seeming to do anything at all. If I close the autodesk licensing window with alt-f4, this window pops up:

2nd.png

From here, I can try the software and it will start up fine - but this is only a temporary solution, I need my license! Clicking activate brings up this window:

3rd.png

Something isn't working properly, obviously - those two buttons are on the window that is supposed to show up next, and can be selected - but I can't click next or anything and none of the text shows up. If I alt-f4 this, it will take me back to image 2. Closing that one instead of activating or trying gives error message which I assume doesn't tell much about the problem. I will show it anyway for completeness:

4th.png 

What I've done already: 

Uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Restarted the computer.

Updated my graphics drivers.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: heskey30

Hi heskey30!

Thank you very much for the detailed description of your issue! Could you please take a look at this solution and let us know if it resolves the problem?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 8
oxenburgh2011
in reply to: jessica.t

Your LTU is the worst on OSX 9.2X 

Message 4 of 8
heskey30

I am running windows 8, not an apple OS but I did find and rename the windows equivalent files, and I did get the service pack - same problem still, but now it won't let me run the trial! Also, I have never had a license for Maya, so it can't be a previous license interfering. 

Message 5 of 8
jessica.t

Hi @heskey30,

Sincere apologies for the late reply! When you say that it won't let you run the trial, what do you mean exactly? Are you seeing an error?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 8
heskey30

No, I assume it is intended behavior because I messed with certain files - the try button is now a greyed out run button, and the dial that said how much time I have left now only says activation required.

I have obtained an educational liscence for the 2015 version of maya but it has the same bug as the 2014 version. But at least I can use the free trial again for 30 days. 

Message 7 of 8
david.lau
Message 8 of 8
heskey30
in reply to: david.lau

Just to be sure, that link does not explain how to downgrade IE, it only deactivates it and reactivates it because windows 8 is a pain. (It does seem to fix a problem for some people.) And no, it didn't seem to have any effect. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report