Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 has a slow start up time (5+ minutes)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bryngamez
2216 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2014 has a slow start up time (5+ minutes)

I recently built a new desktop with Windows 8 installed on an SSD. When I first started using Maya (2013 at the time), it was running perfectly fine. I did not have any issues at all. However, something happened (I think an unexpected shut down), and it started taking up to 10 minutes to start up Maya, and freezing everything else on my computer while it loaded. I switched to Maya 2014 student version, and it improved the time, but it still takes several minutes to start up Maya, and it still freezes the computer when I try to click anything during the process. The output window shows up really quickly, it just takes forever for everything else.

I tried checking other posts, but they either had very vague or unhelpful advice:

This is more or less my system build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/bryngamez/saved/1Fwp (I have updated my BIOS, so that should not be an issue. I'm also pretty sure it's a Samsung SSD, but if not it could be SanDisk.)

The other threads suggested using procmon to see what's running during the start up, so here's what I have: http://imgur.com/a/oD0bf#0 (short descriptions under each picture).

I really want to get back into modeling, but it's difficult knowing I'll have to wait several minutes without use of my computer each time I open it.

Oh, and one last thing worth noting. Because Maya was having such trouble starting up on my C drive (SSD), I thought I'd re-install it on my E drive (1TB HDD). It did not help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tbetts
in reply to: bryngamez

I know this is a year old but In case people run across this in google search, this is the solution.

Go to help >> about maya >> product licence information, then wher eit says serial number click activate.

If you have a legit copy of maya then just enter your code in again.  Re-enter your serial number and run through the steps you used to activate it, and then your maya should work fine.

I got this same problem when I changed out my motherboard but im still using my same Hard drives
.  It is just timing out because maya isnt associated with your PC's mac address; installing a SSD would also change your pc setup and trick it to thinking it is a new machine.

Message 3 of 3
Thiird
in reply to: tbetts

I've tried and no help there....when I click activate I receive an e-mail of product registration, and then the pc freeze for some mins, after that it return ok...but maya and mudbox still slow at start up

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report