Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 doesn't recognize my Nvidia GPU

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
makw
2154 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2014 doesn't recognize my Nvidia GPU

Hi guys, 

my Maya 2014 don't recognize my Nvidia GPU, and instead use my integrated Intel HD GPU.

What shoul i do to force Maya to use mt Gtx560 instead Intel HD Gpu ? 

I use the latest nvidia drivers btw. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
warnold1
in reply to: makw

Pretty sure Maya is using the Nvidia GPU, use the openGLExtension ?? command to check on the renderer

The detection I believe finds the 1st graphic card not necessarily the active card, for display only. Think there is a bug on that

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 3 of 3
tom
Contributor
in reply to: warnold1

Welll... we discovered that Maya does see the graphics card in slot #1, but only if it is feeding at least one of your monitors.  We have MacPros, two Apple monitors, with nVidea Quadro 4000 cards as a second video card besides the original AMD that came with the Apple built workstations... the 4000's are in slot #1.  Since the Mac version of the 4000 only has one each of DVI and DP ports and Apple monitors need a mini port to plug into... sometimes during setup both monitors get plugged into the AMD card by mistake and then the 4000 is ignored.  You need two adapters to plug Apple monitors into the 4000, one being an active adapter.  Other wise plug one monitor into the DP port using nVideas passive adapter that comes with the card.  Then only display your Maya viewport in that monitor to take advantage of the expra ram and speed if you don't go the active adapter route to plug in the second monitor.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report