Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 bug: Can't close main program.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
berjkley
11021 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2014 bug: Can't close main program.

When I try to close Maya 2014, I get this error:  // Error: line 1: Confirm Quit or File Save dialog box is hidden.

I've already tried to repair, unistall and install again, but the error just persists.

I'm Using a student licence.

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: berjkley

Welcome to the community.

This problem could be caused by a couple of things. 

1.  You are running out of heap space in Windows.  You can correct this by using the Fix it option in this Microsoft KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246

2.  You are running into a video driver anamoly.  What you might try doing is upgrading your video card driver to a WHQL certified driver as a clean install and reboot.  Programs like Maya are graphic intensive, so you need to have a stable video driver.  Never run a Microsoft compatible or factory installed driver. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
omri.a.toledo
in reply to: TravisNave

hello!

I have the same problem, tried the posted tips, did not fix the problem

the graphic drivers are updated, there is enough space, 

anything else I shold try?

thanx

Message 4 of 9
seishinteki
in reply to: omri.a.toledo

Same thing myself. I googled my way somewhere past Juptier and fail fixed the rest of the way to Uranis. I'm under the impression that Maya 2014 is being spinaltapped to guinee pigs. Going back to Maya 2013 <---- Gives up.

Message 5 of 9
ads_royje

Hi there,

Maya 2014 is for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

If you still have this issue, the work around I use under Vista is the mel command :

quit -abort -force;

This command tells Maya to exit without any prompt to save! So you may want to add a save command before.

You can create a button using that/these command(s).

Hope it can help you out.

🙂

Cheers!

Message 6 of 9
fergus_samy

Hello,

I have just installed Maya 2014 on a windows 8 OS and I've exactly the same problem !

Is there any other solution to fix it ? I doubt that this could be because of my computer which is brand new and I can't find solutions on the internet.

I had this same problem on my former laptop and reinstalling didn't bring any solution.

Maya is so annoying !

Message 7 of 9
Forzi

Hello. Find the answer how to fix it.

1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System

2. Click "Advanced System Settings"

3. Go to "Advanced" tab, then click "Enviroment Variables"

4. The first section "User variables for <your user>" - click New...

5. Variable name - "MAYA_DISABLE_CIP | Variable value - 1

6. Click "Ok"

That's all. Everithing will work 🙂

Message 8 of 9
val_18
in reply to: Forzi

Hi, i have just installed maya 2014, and i have that problem. But i don't know where i can find «control panel» !! I don't know where...
Message 9 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: val_18

Start > Run > Control <enter>

Should come right up.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report