Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 VERY SLOW on start up.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wallace-85
2467 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2014 VERY SLOW on start up.

Hi, 

I am having troubles on Maya 2014 Start up it is very slow. when I click on the Icon the output windows comes out but remains there for few minutes than the maya opening windows Appears and start loading to open the software.

Any help would be sppreciated, this is freaking me out. I tried to disable the Microsoft kernel Debug but I got the same Issues

Please Help!!!

I have 12 GB of ram an SSD drive OCZ vertex 256 gb AMD phenom 6 Cores Windows 8 or windows 7 (doesn't change much)

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
warnold1
in reply to: wallace-85

there have been a couple of postings that Maya is slow to start on SSD drives

what type of license are you using  standalone or network ?

if you use sysinternals  procmon to monitor Maya and the system,    while Maya is starting up, what type of activity is going on.

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 3 of 4
wallace-85

Hi, and thanks for answering.
Well I have a student standalone license
I will test the system and post in update what maya does when is starting up
Message 4 of 4
tbetts

Go to help >> about maya >> product licence information, then wher eit says serial number click activate.

If you have a legit copy of maya then just enter your code in again.  Re-enter your serial number and run through the steps you used to activate it, and then your maya should work fine.

I got this same problem when I changed out my motherboard but im still using my same Hard drives
.  It is just timing out because maya isnt associated with your PC's mac address; installing a SSD would also change your pc setup and trick it to thinking it is a new machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report