Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 and 2014 takes forever to start

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
me
Participant
987 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2013 and 2014 takes forever to start

Hello everybody,

When starting Maya the Output window and the GUI of Maya are appearing within seconds but when i try to clik anything in the GUI like the "OK" Button on the "What's new" Window it takes up to 10 seconds until it reacts.

The input "Lag" disappears after about 3 to 5 Minutes, when Maya finished loading scripts/plugins, which can be traced in the lower right corner Script editor Window line.

That's a clean Maya installation with no other Script or Lugin installed. I already tried deleting the prefs folder. That didn't help.

I switched back to Maya 2013 to get around that Problem, but th error still occurs.

Does anyone know how to solve that issue?

Thank you.

Best regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
n8skow
in reply to: me

What are your hardware specs?

What operating system?

Message 3 of 8
me
Participant
in reply to: n8skow

Hey,

Thank you for your replay and sorry for being late. 

OS is Windows 8.1 pro(latest Update)

System Specs is an Intel Core i7-3770

16GB of RAM 

nVidia GTX 760

3 SSDs 

1 HDD RAID Stripe Set

1 normal HDD

The Problem does not occure when i use Maya 2015.

But for compatibility reason, i still need to work with 2014 for a while

All versions of Maya are currently installed the same way. I tried drive E and C with no differences. 

Currently they are all on drive C

Message 4 of 8
n8skow

Might take a read through this thread, a couple suggestions in there worth trying:

http://208.74.205.69/t5/Installation-Hardware-OS/Maya-2013-takes-5-min-and-20-sec-to-start-on-an-SSD...

Message 5 of 8
me
Participant

Thank you. 

SAdly no help there. The device mentioned in the last post is not available for me. 

I tried diabling VPN and Virtual Machine Network adapters. That didn't help.

The problem described by the author is slightly different to mine. As his version needs several minutes until it shows the viewports. Mine shows the viewport after 5-10 seconds, but i can't use it.

Every Click in the GUI needs about 20 seconds until it is recognized.

Installing the OS on a "normal" Harddrive won't be an option for me.  The waiting times, in every other aspect on the PC, resulting by that change are far longer than waiting for Maya.

CHeers

Sascha

Message 6 of 8
n8skow

Hmmm, have you submitted the issue to Autodesk via the 'Report a Problem' function under the help menu?

Message 7 of 8
DavidSoder

Bump. I'm having this exact problem aswell. Tried the students version of 2013, 2014, 2015 and all experience the same problem. Once the plugins finish loading its smooth as butter again. 

Windows 8.1 64bit. 

Message 8 of 8
Thiird
in reply to: DavidSoder

I know this is old...but I have same problem.....someone solved this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report