Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
608 Views, 1 Reply

Max ini.

i cant find any ini.files in my 3ds max install.

i have tried show hidden files.searched the web and have solutions but not one ini.file.

it's a new install as my comp borked.i am running win7x64 ultimate,i7 4 core 8 virtual and 16 gb of ram.i also have an nvidia gtx670m graphics card,as well as onboard hd 4000 graphics.

i have scoured the web read the documentation but still maps show up as grey or black and there are no scene maps.any help would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanx

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm assuming you mean the 3dsmax.ini file right? Then it can be found in following path:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU

Replace %username% with the name of your Windows account and adjust accordingly for the version of Max you have installed (2013, 2014, etc). Also "AppData" is probably the hidden folder you are refering to.

If your installation is completely borked though I would first try renaming/deleting the ENU folder. Next time you restart Max it will create a new ENU folder will the default files and settings, that includes the 3dsmax.ini file.

Ben Bisares
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report