Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2009 with disabled Aero chucks in viewports!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
loocas
68 Views, 1 Reply

Max 2009 with disabled Aero chucks in viewports!

I don't use Aero on Vista at all. I simply hate it so I load up (actually manually re-did) my old-school "Win95" theme. Simple grey windows, nothing fancy at all, that's how I like my OS.

Anyways, I've had difficulties in Photoshop CS2 when, sometimes, drawing a region with a marquee or in some cases even when painting, the cursor simply dragged behind in tremendous lags! It's extremely annoying.

The worst thing came with Max 2009 that DOES EXACTLY THE SAME THING in the viewports. When I try to drag a rectangle in order to select some objects, same deal, the rectangle draws with a huge delay and chuck behind.

Now, thou this is related to the OS and Aero in general, it still doesn't do me any problems in later Max versions or in Photoshop CS3.

When I turn Aero on, it's all good, nothing lags, even in Photoshop, not in Max, nowhere. But then again, I hate Aero. So, what's my choice? A screwed-up UI in Windows or a screwed-up user experience in Max and Photoshop? 😞

Does anyone have any idea how to work-around this issue, so that I can leave Aero OFF, but get the non-lagging marquee selections?
And, actually, can anybody else confirm this issue?

Btw: it's Vista Business x64 and Max 2009 x64. PS CS2 is 32bit only.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
robert
in reply to: loocas

I have the same sometimes when using Aero.
Indeed Aero is faster on my computers then the strange blue UI without it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report