Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MassFX memory utilization problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
363 Views, 0 Replies

MassFX memory utilization problem

Hi,

I'll start with my specs:

Processor: i7-3770K 3,4GHz

Memory: 16GB 2133MHz

GPU: GTX 690

Max is running on Win8.1 from 240GB SSD.

When trying to do a rather heavy simulation with massfx with multiple keyframed particle smoke and light sources, I noticed that althought the simulation starts to run very slowly when the key frames change, my computer isn't utilizing it's memory more than 27% and CPU only 17%. CPU utilization varies a bit while the sim goes on, but it seems like memory usage is "choked" at 27% as it stays there constantly. So it's like my computer would use more memory if it could.

Is there a way to tinker something in order to allow Max to use more of the available resources? I have enabled multithreading and hardware acceleration from massfx-menu and set the priority for Max to be as high as possible from task manager, but it doesn't help. When I'm rendering Max uses 100% of the available CPU capacity, so to me it seems this problem hints to something memory-related.

Any ideas?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report