Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
344 Views, 2 Replies

Is this laptop enough?

Hello everybody,

I was looking for a laptop for running Autodesk Maya 3D, i found this one, and i would like to hear your opinion.

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 Touch

Size | 15.6"/39.6cm

Type | Intel Core i7-3632QM con Intel HD Graphics 4000
Capacity | 16GB
HDD | 1TB
Graphic card| Nvidia GeForce GT 740M
OS | Windows 8

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
halfstone
in reply to: Anonymous

You can find a list of Autodesk Certified Hardware here: 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

I'd be cautious about using an nVidia GeForce series graphics card, which is designed for gaming.  Typically, you'll only find the Quadro series on the qualified hardware lists.  People have used them, and they seem to work in many cases, but they don't meet the testing standards of Autodesk.  You may find that you have some display anomalies with the GeForce. 

What you'll get on this forum is opinion - make sure the opinion comes from someone who is actually using the exact configuration you're asking about.  I am not - so I'm just referring you to the charts.  

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: halfstone

Its not that the gaming cards don't meet (implied "fail") specifications - its that there are so many different configurations, with frequently released drivers, that they are virtually impossible to provide meaningful test results for.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report