Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Cores Can 3D-Studio Max Utilize on a single machine?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
163 Views, 2 Replies

How many Cores Can 3D-Studio Max Utilize on a single machine?

If I built a machine that used dual - quad core processors, and each processor were hyperthreaded(which is on the way from intel). That would be 16 threads in one machine. Would 3D-Max be able to use all 16 threads on a single machine for rendering? I will be using V-RAY as the render engine.

I posted this here however perhaps Chaos Group(Vray) is the place I should ask the question?

Any one know the details on this and where the I could find documentation?

Thanks,
Todd Trabosci
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

the highest i have seen is 8 cores (2 quad cores)
i have no idea if it will go that high

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
eodeo
in reply to: Anonymous

I posted this here however perhaps Chaos Group(Vray) is the place I should ask the question?

Yes it is. Its directly dependable on their plugin. So its their responsibility. Knowing VRay, I'd guess that the answer to your original question would be - yes as well- all 16 threads should be able to be utilized.

And btw, the computer you want to buy 99% wont be 2x quad /w HT as you described it. It will be octo(8) core with HT cpu dubbed Nehalem and will released at best early next year. Dont hold your breath for it, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report