Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
167 Views, 1 Reply

Graphic card problems

Hello,
I've a Asus Laptop model N55S with a Nvidia card installed (Nvidia Geforce GT 555M) and from start I've been noticing a low performance in using 3DS max 2009/2010 software, specially working on the viewports.
The purpose why I bought this Laptop was in fact to improve my work in 3ds max, but recently I've noticed that the software isn't using the graphic card at all, it only uses the Intel family card also installed.
I've read that this is due a new system developed by Nvidia called Optimus hybrid graphic something.. but it seems that it's not working as it should be. Have you experience the same and how did you resolve it?
I've already updated the drivers and tried the customisation of the graphic system. The only I've seen that Max really changed for the Nvidia card was when I've changed in Max from Direct D3 to OpenGL, but after testing it it seemed to me that the performance didn't improved. What's the diference between the two?

Thanks for any help.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
janiashvili
in reply to: Anonymous

try to disable onboard videocard in BIOS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report