Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic card Quadro K4000 settings for 3ds Max

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
5ifthman
2220 Views, 3 Replies

Graphic card Quadro K4000 settings for 3ds Max

Hi, we just installed K4000's on our pc's and don't seem to be getting any performance increase from our previous quadro fx4800's. we primarily use 3ds Max 2013, are there any specific settings outside of the default that we should be using?

pc specs:

18gb ram

xeon  w3550 3ghz dual core

win 7 x64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BenBisares
in reply to: 5ifthman

What are you using as your metrics in determining performance? Viewport FPS, render time, etc....

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 4
paul.cahanding
in reply to: BenBisares

Hi Ben, having the same problem here. My main focus in upgrading from a GTX to a quadro is for the FPS for modeling. Can you suggest any hardware for this? thanks!

Message 4 of 4
BenBisares
in reply to: paul.cahanding

paul.cahanding wrote:

Hi Ben, having the same problem here. My main focus in upgrading from a GTX to a quadro is for the FPS for modeling. Can you suggest any hardware for this? thanks!

I can't really give any specific hardware options but I can give a guideline of what I personally would be looking for:

-If you're going to work with scenes with a high amount of polys and/or high res textures look for cards with as much RAM as possible

-If you're planning to use iray often then go for cards with the highest amount of CUDA cores. If your scenes will be complex too then large amounts of RAM is important too.

After that then I would just focus on what's in your budget range. To be honest the Geforce cards will offer you the highest bang for your buck. In general though the Quadro cards will carry the most amount RAM but some of the gaming cards these days aren't too far off.

Keep in mind that officially Autodesk supports workstation cards (and a smattering of consumer cards) (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...). If you have a subscription contract with us you'll only be able to get support with issues with cards on that list.

Ben Bisares

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report