Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F8 key doesn't work in Maya

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2266 Views, 4 Replies

F8 key doesn't work in Maya

Hi,
I am a newbie here,
I just have a problem with Maya's hotkey. My F8 key doesn't work when I want to switch from component mode to object mode. I have check Hotkey Editor, everything is in default state. I tried to bind F8 to other functions, and it didn't work too. While F9, F10, F11, F12 work well, F8 doesn't work at all...:(
I am currently using laptop with Window Vista 64, and Maya 2010 64bit. I just reboot my laptop, and install Maya, so I am sure there is nothing wrong with my system...Is this one a glitch?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nothing is wrong F8 doesn't do anything from what I know. I even have the short cut key stickers on my keyboard to help me learn all of the short cuts and their is none for F8.
Message 3 of 5
bennorthup

F8 is bound to Component Mode by default...a very useful hotkey indeed.

Does you laptop have a full standard keyboard?
Sometimes the F keys have multiple bindings...probably more to do with your particular keyboard mapping then Maya's settings.
Do you have a separate keyboard you can plug in?

Anyway, Hopefully you get it worked out soon.
~Ben
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

My F8 and F7 are keys for adjusting brightness of the screen(of course, in the combination with Fn key). I haven't tried the external keyboard though. However, F7 does work when I try to use F7 as the hotkey for object mode.Its just weird.
Message 5 of 5
bhall27

I'm having a similar problem as I'm trying to teach someone how to use Maya but on a Mac OS, I tried hitting f8 to enter component mode but it's not working.

I'm not a mac user, I dev on PC, has anyone had a similar problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report