Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entertainment Suite 2011 silent install / network deployment for Mac?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
246 Views, 2 Replies

Entertainment Suite 2011 silent install / network deployment for Mac?

Hi,

I have been looking through the installation and licensing documentation for Maya 2011 and there doesn't seem to be any information regarding this topic. Can anyone at Autodesk shed some light on this incase there is some undocumented functionality I don't know about.

I work for a university which has been using snapshots of Maya installs to deploy to hundreds of machines but this is not as flexible as a proper silent network install when it comes to installing multiple products from the Entertainment Suite individually.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Absolutely. I need exactly the same stuff. Why is it that everything about Maya deployment seems to be targeted at Windows users and administrators, while Mac users are left hanging in the wind to fend for themselves? Once again, I'm going to have to spend a couple of days disassembling and trying to figure out what is going on in the installer, because Autodesk refuses to document it or make it simple.

It's really not good enough. Even Adobe is better at this now, and that tells you something.
Message 3 of 3
n8skow
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure of the Mac instructions specifically, but here's the directions for the PC side:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15894911&linkID=9242258

Maybe you can extrapolate the info you need from it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report